How many officials are there?

hampshireblue

I'm asking because if you watch Pep throwing his scarf in the dugout, there's a bloke on the left, wearing a pass who immediately gets on a radio to report it. The 4th official was right next to Pep but looking the other way as a sub was about to be made. now if they can report something like that, whats to stop them feeding other information to the officials?

I'm asking because if you watch Pep throwing his scarf in the dugout, there's a bloke on the left, wearing a pass who immediately gets on a radio to report it. The 4th official was right next to Pep but looking the other way as a sub was about to be made. now if they can report something like that, whats to stop them feeding other information to the officials?
All officials are are microphoned up. I thought it was common knowledge they relay information to each other.

But the question is, if that's so, how do we know that they are not relaying their views on the actual game? I wasn't aware that a bloke in a suit with a pass potentially and I emphasise potentially had the ability to communicate with the on pitch officials

i think there is a team of 7 or 8 officials at the game and 4 that are official on match duty, but we all know VAR is running in the back ground and the ref is doing the games in dummy mode he is link up to VAR and uses all the mic's from each official to communicate with each other and VAR, so any big errors can be reported back to the ref but he can not use the info from team at VAR

its funny looking at the tunnel when the game is on so many people with phones and clip boards or tablets standing around ????

The OP is right in what he is asking, how many people now influence the referee ? We all know about his 2 linesmen and the 4th official but is there another one ?
If I was to offer a suggestion, is he a Sky 'reporter' telling the studio to zoom in on Pep as he was kicking off ? I noticed a few times Taylor had his hand to his ear as though he was getting instructions when to restart the game after an incident. Was that someone saying that Sky had finished showing the replay ?

It’s the tv lot

I noticed he was stood next to the fourth official on the edge of the pitch just as the game was about to kick off. And walked off with the 4th official once the whistle blew. I presumed they had found a new way to make some money by being the official referee hand holder however when I watched the game back on sky when I got home I saw him stood in the tunnel.

But the question is, if that's so, how do we know that they are not relaying their views on the actual game? I wasn't aware that a bloke in a suit with a pass potentially and I emphasise potentially had the ability to communicate with the on pitch officials
Now your talking....this sort of thing has been troubling me for a while..the game is being moved slowly and surely into the governance of faceless people,unaccountable ....it used to be just the ref.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.