How many officials are there?

Assessors binned years ago. You now have a "match delegate" who basically do nowt. Refs are now assessed by a company in the USA & they don't get results till the end of the season.
So..basically a toothless,offshore ,anonymous company.oh great.
Exactly what is going on with our game?
Thanks for the info by the way,i had no clue about this...

According to IFAB rules, if I remember, it's the four we see plus a spare assistant referee somewhere if need be.

Assessors binned years ago. You now have a "match delegate" who basically do nowt. Refs are now assessed by a company in the USA & they don't get results till the end of the season.
Not sure on that bud richard jobson ex city defender is a ref assesser now .or reports back on them

The OP is right in what he is asking, how many people now influence the referee ? We all know about his 2 linesmen and the 4th official but is there another one ?
If I was to offer a suggestion, is he a Sky 'reporter' telling the studio to zoom in on Pep as he was kicking off ? I noticed a few times Taylor had his hand to his ear as though he was getting instructions when to restart the game after an incident. Was that someone saying that Sky had finished showing the replay ?

Wholly opaque, top class subterfuge, basic cheating, and basically lying through their cheating teeth. Never has the game been more 'manipulated' - the clean as a whistle, untouchable, wholly impartial has long since disappeared, it it was ever a given!

Wholly opaque, top class subterfuge, basic cheating, and basically lying through their cheating teeth. Never has the game been more 'manipulated' - the clean as a whistle, untouchable, wholly impartial has long since disappeared, it it was ever a given!
Opaque is the word.Spot on.
I walked away from the Premiership product when someone spoke into anthony Taylors ear v chelsea ,just as he was about to send off Liuz for the foul on sergio.No idea who Taylor spoke to ,who influenced his change of mind,who saw the incident better than taylor...who the mysterious person was with more power than the match day ref. ..and still to this day i dont know who made that decision...And Taylor did a similar thing last season in the bbc cup,at Wigan
No clue who was in his ear peice then either...
Anthony 'Opaque' Taylor...of Altrincham...Sir.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.