How many Offside goals against City this season?

CelesteItis

I know, there's a lot of finger pointing towards the players attitude and commitment and the manager wits.

But, the whole season there's been a trend regarding the offside rule:

When it's against MCFC it's ok to score in an illegal position.

While Moanhio was aligning the refs and media with his conspiracy rants, the charming Engineer is to blame for not exposing the real one against City

I just seem to recall about 10 offside goals this season, at least 5 of them in recent away games. If some well informed blue can make some stats, I'd much appreciate it.

agree been a disgrace the refereeing decisions against us this season! being nice and going up and shaking the referees and linesman hand straight after they fucked us over works doesn't it?!! MOANinho and Baconchops moan and blame the referee every time they get done by a decision in a game! guess what it works..

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
MOTD commentator said Mata 'got the benefit of the doubt'. What doubt ffs!

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but what's worse than that was Tyler and Neville discussing the incident with Fellaini and Demichelis. Yes - Demichelis shouldn't have reacted the way he did. But he was slated for it and when it showed clear replays of Fellaini deliberately elbowing him on the mouth they (Neville and Tyler) decided "I mean he maybe has caught him". MAYBE CAUGHT HIM??

Should have been a blatant booking with an argument for a red card. In my opinion that's 2years in a row Fellaini has been lucky to stay on the park in the derby at the swamp. Last year it was Zaba on the end of his elbow if I recall. Abysmal decision by the referee not even to give a foul, never mind a definate yellow or potential red.

Whilst it's clear we have been on the receiving end of some absolute shockers why do we give the linesman the opportunity to fuck us over? We line up on the edge of the 18 yard line , don't pressure the ball, wait for a through ball or chip over the top and then pray that the linesman makes the correct call. Dispense with this braindead tactic and we might just find that we stop conceding offside goals!

On second look I think the commentator has a point ;)

[bigimg]https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/mata111.jpg[/bigimg]

I think we're clutching at straws if we're putting our problems down to borderline offside decisions this season.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:

On second look I think the commentator has a point ;)

[bigimg]https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/mata111.jpg[/bigimg]

Oh well at least our defenders were pretty much in a line, that's been something of a novelty when we've tried the offside trap this season. Trust the lino to fuck it up.

They were all on the edge of offside and therefore can't be given.

Offside or not offside isnt really the issue any more.

I agree we can't blame all our problems on refs, but I reckon we give away a goal advantage due to refereeing decisions once every two games at least this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.