How many points to win the league?

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
88 will win it. Expect Arse and Chel to be decent, dippers and scum to not do quite so well, and spurs to be typical spurs

since the new top 6 this is so hard to predict the points needed to win the league and if 1 or 2 get a good start and run up to christmas then the other 4 are playing for champions league places and trying to pick up the FA cup or staying in europe with both europa league and champions league, so it could be anything from 79 to 89 and a ten point swing that's the safe bet or target set at the start

the other thing is that 100 points manchester city got last season and the pressure to defend the title, its media lead and the pressure will be added by them from the first game of the new season but if we can take last season form into the new season then again you will need over 90 points to win the league or take it off us

Will have done brilliantly to get over 85 points next season, the World Cup will have a huge impact on us.

If we are not on it quickly, I suspect we might give ourselves just a bit too much to do.

Hopefully the Champs League draw will help us out there.

Mahrez could hopefully be the difference but Chelsea, Liverpool and United will be much closer.

Will have done brilliantly to get over 85 points next season, the World Cup will have a huge impact on us.

If we are not on it quickly, I suspect we might give ourselves just a bit too much to do.

Mahrez could hopefully be the difference but Chelsea, Liverpool and United will be much closer.

You were negatively joe all of last season so keep it up.

I'm not sure Chelsea will be the threat some are predicting. Sarri's style will take a while to learn - made worse by them not having a preseason - and if they lose Hazard they're fucked, it's not just their best player but a big psychological blow as well.

Liverpool will only be a factor if we're weak, Klopp's shown repeatedly his highly emotional style of management can't keep up with a 90+ point season from anyone else.

I think we'll hit 90+. We have much better depth than anyone else, and a lot of our players had shorter world cups.

I always start the season thinking you need about 86 points. You can usually afford to lose 4 games, draw about 8 and have 26 wins get you over the line.

The standard of the teams at the bottom of the table isn't great recently so the chance for the 2nd team to exceed 86 points is there but i think we're also seeing more English clubs starting to go deeper into the Champions League which will lead to some dropped points.

I'm kind of expecting City with another year learning Pep's methods under their belt to play even more dominant football and rack up even more emphatic scorelines at times. At the same time, i think we'll have a little more bad luck with injuries and decisions and maybe that hunger that saw us grab a few injury time winners last season won't quite be there. I think we'll end up with around 90 points, with Liverpool the next best with around 84.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.