How many points to win the league?

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, the points total for the top 2 is likely to be a record with both City and Liverpool breaking 90pts, a first in the Premier League for the top 2.

a pessimistic 6 wins and 2 losses sees us finish on 92 pts.
If Liverpool do not lose from now on (this is my greatest fear, that they are seemingly very hard to beat), but falter at home to Chelsea and away to Soton, they finish on 93. Spurs are lurking in there, but the other 5 are Fulham, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle & Wolves.

i want to be wrong.

btw from a betting perspective, 5/2 on Liverpool seems a little high? trading opportunity i think

8 games to go so 98 pts is the most we can get and 97 pts is the most Liverpool can get.

I think 93pts wins the league.

Liverpool have Cardiff and Southampton away and Spurs and Chelsea at home. Tough games at relegation threatened teams and tough home games against top 4 challenging teams. Can they get a win or will they draw as they have tended to recently? 10pts is the most I would expect them to get from those games. 6 wins and 2 draws from Liverpool overall.

6 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss for us would clinch it on GD.

8 games to go so 98 pts is the most we can get and 97 pts is the most Liverpool can get.

I think 93pts wins the league.

Liverpool have Cardiff and Southampton away and Spurs and Chelsea at home. Tough games at relegation threatened teams and tough home games against top 4 challenging teams. Can they get a win or will they draw as they have tended to recently? 10pts is the most I would expect them to get from those games. 6 wins and 2 draws from Liverpool overall.

6 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss for us would clinch it on GD.
We have some tough ones as well mate, but I hope you're right.

We have some tough ones as well mate, but I hope you're right.

We do but we can lose one and draw one. The games that worry me are Palace and Leicester. Both teams that counter attack well and that is where we need to be careful. Cardiff will defend all game and hope to get a point and the rags will need the points for top 4 but will want us to win if it means Liverpool don't win the league. They would sacrifice top 4 for that as a fan base I am sure, but the players might feel differently.

Every game is tough. Having some other distractions is great I think. Helps the squad deal with the pressure a bit more. Having one game a week and all that build up is far worse.

I'm going to say Liverpool will get six wins and two draws to finish on 93 points.

We'll get seven wins and a draw, to finish on 96.

If Salah continues to struggle, they'll struggle. A defeat at Bayern will weaken their mentality still further. They've not been the same since we beat them, and another important defeat will knock them down again.

It comes down to the CL. If Bayern goes trough imo Pool will be champions. They go on top this weekend and we will have a game in hand until we play this postponed game actually which is a United-City derby. Such a huge pressure on that game with their top4 in limbo and our title in limbo. I am sure Klopp would happily accept a draw in the Manchester derby right now.

We need a favour from Spurs and Chelsea going to Anfield but their form is hardly any great. Tottenham is losing every game recently nearly, still involved in CL later they lost to Burnley and Soton away recently can see them losing Pool as well easily.
While Chelsea only can have a chance if they go same defensive performance they had at the Carabao final.

Its gonna be so close expect us to be above 91 points. But same goes for Liverpool.

Bayern-Liverpool game is huge regarding the title imo. Bayern form pretty great since their winter break imo they will beat Klopp boys. It puts bit of pressure on Klopp like only one front fight for them title or nothing but its small thing compared to no more tiredness fro FA or CL games, no more injuries from those games, clear 1 game per wee calendar schedule until end of season. Enough time to recharge batteries after every single game and get ready for next one. While we could get Barca, Bayern, Atletico etc. next round for immmense high pressure CL games.

Its a record either way for the loser this season, nobody lost the title with 90 points or above in PL era. This season somebody will. Nobody won back to back titles in 10 years also. Hope we can break this ...

We do but we can lose one and draw one. The games that worry me are Palace and Leicester. Both teams that counter attack well and that is where we need to be careful. Cardiff will defend all game and hope to get a point and the rags will need the points for top 4 but will want us to win if it means Liverpool don't win the league. They would sacrifice top 4 for that as a fan base I am sure, but the players might feel differently.

Every game is tough. Having some other distractions is great I think. Helps the squad deal with the pressure a bit more. Having one game a week and all that build up is far worse.
I've been thinking about the CP game. After that shite defeat at our place we owe them ad well. If Brighton can do it I think we should be able to.

It comes down to the CL. If Bayern goes trough imo Pool will be champions. They go on top this weekend and we will have a game in hand until we play this postponed game actually which is a United-City derby. Such a huge pressure on that game with their top4 in limbo and our title in limbo. I am sure Klopp would happily accept a draw in the Manchester derby right now.

We need a favour from Spurs and Chelsea going to Anfield but their form is hardly any great. Tottenham is losing every game recently nearly, still involved in CL later they lost to Burnley and Soton away recently can see them losing Pool as well easily.
While Chelsea only can have a chance if they go same defensive performance they had at the Carabao final.

Its gonna be so close expect us to be above 91 points. But same goes for Liverpool.

Bayern-Liverpool game is huge regarding the title imo. Bayern form pretty great since their winter break imo they will beat Klopp boys. It puts bit of pressure on Klopp like only one front fight for them title or nothing but its small thing compared to no more tiredness fro FA or CL games, no more injuries from those games, clear 1 game per wee calendar schedule until end of season. Enough time to recharge batteries after every single game and get ready for next one. While we could get Barca, Bayern, Atletico etc. next round for immmense high pressure CL games.

Its a record either way for the loser this season, nobody lost the title with 90 points or above in PL era. This season somebody will. Nobody won back to back titles in 10 years also. Hope we can break this ...

It is impossible to predict what a win or defeat against Bayern would do to them. The loss could impact them and cause a blip in the league. Or the rest could do them good. I think it would do them damage exiting Europe. One game a week. All that pressure. All that stress.

Physically it is tough playing so often but we have a squad that can deal with it. Mentally to not worry about the league until the end of March is a benefit. It helps the players ignore that stress and if they keep winning they build confidence going into the next league game without waiting all week for it to come along.

It is the same for the fans. I was nervous at half time being 0-0 when Bournemouth and West Ham were both a struggle. We now play Schalke who will have to attack and it is a nice distraction. Then Swansea in the cup with a semi final on the cards. Then an International break before we play Fulham away with a game in hand on the dippers by that point and winning that leaves 7 games to go with the title still in our hands.

I've been thinking about the CP game. After that shite defeat at our place we owe them ad well. If Brighton can do it I think we should be able to.

They got a wonder goal at our place to win the game. They only have one way of playing so we don't need to worry too much about all out defence from them. But they are still in the relegation scrap. The benefit is we play them before the dippers play Chelsea. We know winning that game piles the pressure on and we know Chelsea would love history to repeat and for them to be the club to end their title hopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.