The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that for Chelsea now, five points from last 12.

Considering two of the fixtures were Burnley and United at home, they are lucky they managed to scrape a win at Watford.
What stood out for me was Rudiger kneeling on the turf for 5 minutes after the whistle today and Thiago Silva staring into the crowd, like they’d just lost a champs league final. They know how good and relentless we are. Feels like the pressure is all on them & it’s gonna get tougher with extra carabao and world club cup fixtures. Liverpool more experienced but let’s see how they cope without mane and Salah in January.

What stood out for me was Rudiger kneeling on the turf for 5 minutes after the whistle today and Thiago Silva staring into the crowd, like they’d just lost a champs league final. They know how good and relentless we are. Feels like the pressure is all on them & it’s gonna get tougher with extra carabao and world club cup fixtures. Liverpool more experienced but let’s see how they cope without mane and Salah in January.
It's unfortunate that AFCON isn't going to have as big an impact on Liverpool's title hopes as may have been the case. Two of the weekends that the tournament impacts on are FA Cup third and fourth rounds - Salah and Mane only miss two PL games and one of those is Brentford at home.

The good news about Chelsea is that their defence is looking like it's buckling sooner than their attack has clicked into place. So even if they do recover and get back to their best form, hopefully this next month is rocky enough to make a title push unassailable for them.

I don't think Chelsea can maintain their pace. Feel Liverpool might drop a level once their guys are out due to Afcon. We are the team to beat, that much is clear. Still the competition is tough, 90 pts to win the league.

Looking at our points after 15 games it 2.33 points per game means we on for 88/89 points which for me will be enough to win the league and probably 85 be enough.

We play before both Chelsea & the dips at least for the next 2 games, let's hope we can continue winning and how they deal with the pressure of chasing us.

The good news about Chelsea is that their defence is looking like it's buckling sooner than their attack has clicked into place. So even if they do recover and get back to their best form, hopefully this next month is rocky enough to make a title push unassailable for them.
I think City and Liverpool will pull away from Chelsea.

It's unfortunate that AFCON isn't going to have as big an impact on Liverpool's title hopes as may have been the case. Two of the weekends that the tournament impacts on are FA Cup third and fourth rounds - Salah and Mane only miss two PL games and one of those is Brentford at home.
Players are supposed to be released by their clubs on 27th December so maybe a couple more games than that. Might even see Senegal and Egypt getting as far as 6th Feb which will also impact the matches on 9th Feb

I hope Afcon is cancelled. If we win the league I don't want them having any excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.