How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread will be discarded to the recycle bin in a couple of weeks , the Rags will lose to Spursy and Leeds and we will beat Leeds and Villa then everyone can relax and look forward to Pep giving Mourinho a lesson at Wembley and sweet revenge for 1981.
My glass isnt half full , its overflowing :)
We could also do a repeat of the F.A. Cup final against Leicester...

I want to know which 4 teams out of the 7 left to play could beat us?
Other than Chelski (unlikely) who?
If we do slip up it'll probably be more due to heavy rotation and having one eye on the cup competitions as opposed to a team being better than us. I know Pep's approach is to take one game at a time but it's only natural that he would devote more of his time and attention to a League Cup final, an FA Cup semi-final and Champions League knockout games. That could potentially lead to a couple of poor results but not enough to allow United to get close to us.

If we do slip up it'll probably be more due to heavy rotation and having one eye on the cup competitions as opposed to a team being better than us. I know Pep's approach is to take one game at a time but it's only natural that he would devote more of his time and attention to a League Cup final, an FA Cup semi-final and Champions League knockout games. That could potentially lead to a couple of poor results but not enough to allow United to get close to us.
United have spurs away next..hopefully they drop some points and we can wrap it up with two wins (if united drop and we vs leeds). But spurs are utter wank these days so can't count on them either..

I will reiterate what I've said a few times now. If United were to win every game between now and the end of the season in the league, City would still have to go on a run of form that would be comfortably our worst ever under Pep to still fail to win the title.

I want to know which 4 teams out of the 7 left to play could beat us?
Other than Chelski (unlikely) who?

West Brom cost us points, nothing is certain. We can finish 2nd without losing a game. Any game could cost points.

We struggled against SU twice. Win the next 3 it will probably be done, but none are easy.

It's actually not as big a margin as it might appear.

For the bookies to have to pay out £1000 on City, someone would have to bet £999 (or near as dammit). For them to have to pay out £1000 on a scum win, someone would have to bet £6.66.

Adding together £999 and £6.66 = £1005.66 for a guaranteed payout of £1000, giving an "expected profit" of £5.66, which equates to a profit margin of 0.566%.

Obviously this is a simplified scenario as we're ignoring all other teams but I wouldn't have thought that would make much difference in this situation.

Guess who used to be a bookie?!
I’m gonna say it was you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.