How many Premier League teams play 'good, attacking' football?

SambaStyle

Many a time flicking through games of other teams over the years, it's been absolute dross hoofball.

I enjoyed Swansea's time as a neutral in the top league for example, as they tried something different. Even teams like Manure with a massive budget serve up rubbish. I think currently only CIty, Liverpool and Leeds play exciting stuff! Chelsea on a good day, too!

Us, Leeds, Brighton when they play someone at their level, West Ham were fairly game for a few good games 2nd half of last season, Leicester have decent spells. The rest play not to lose.

Us, Leeds, Brighton when they play someone at their level, West Ham were fairly game for a few good games 2nd half of last season, Leicester have decent spells. The rest play not to lose.

Hence one of the reasons I am giving it a swerve this season. To see if I can do without it with all the fans back.

No one has mentioned the greatest coach in the world at the swamp for his hypnotic tactical nouse and skillful players that have adopted it.

I've never understood the praise Liverpool got for their attacking football, its as dull as they come in my eyes. I think Tuchel will have Chelsea playing really nice stuff once he's got them how he wants them. Leicester play good stuff if they're not up against a top 4 side, Brighton are lovely to watch until they get to the box, Leeds are entertaining. Southampton play nice enough stuff for their level, villa decent. Norwich and Brentford both play good stuff, not sure they'll be able to in the Premier league though.

At the top there's few teams that play nice football because the desire and demand to win outweighs it. Spurs used to play decent stuff, not anymore and nuno won't help that, Arsenal just exist and United's entire philosophy is run very fast and win penalties.

Even we aren't as exciting as we once were. We are far more likely to settle and see games out now with a narrow lead than to go for the kill.

I think that all the top 6 or maybe 8 sides are capable of playing good attacking football, and they do, though some much more than others.

And I don’t mind teams playing defensively / negatively, we’ve come to see that from most sides that we play, but most sides play like that against us because we play good attacking football and we’re awesome at it (cause for celebration).
I see it like 2 boxers with different styles, say Roberto Duran vs Sugar Ray Leonard the / street fighter vs the master artist. I like to see a good toe to toe sometimes but I’m also happy to see a clash of styles.

Nobody outside of the top 6 or 7. The PL is made up of two leagues without a doubt. The bottom half of it are solely concerned with not going down due to the cash in it. Their whole season is about getting 30+points and nothing else. Watch a game between 10th and 14th and you wont see a worse game ever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.