Votes: 28 13.8%
  • I’m knackered albeit ecstatic

Votes: 106 52.2%
  • I’m ok

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • DILLIGAF

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
I feel a so much younger today, spring in my step, cant wait to get to work with my lfc colleagues whom I was praising last week, lets see if they can be as magnanimous.
Me to, just spent the last four months worrying that the Dippers would do a reverse 93'20 an now relax, til next season.

As an older fan, since 1966, who underwent Heart Surgery, (in Liverpool lol) in 2020, I genuinely don't think I can tolerate such emotions any more. After hiding behind the couch in 1966 (watching the World Cup Final) throughout the whole of extra-time and going in and out of the room 10 years ago until that magical moment, I couldn't live with the match just after the start of the 2nd half yesterday. I had invited my nephew round (a Tottenham fan aged 9) to witness how the last day of the season would evolve. I said to him "would you mind if I jumped out cos I can't take it any more - don't tell me anything as it happens and I'll see you about 6pm". So went into my bedroom and tried to sleep - heard his screams so I couldn't, until my wife came in and said we were winning 3-2. WTF? This was 2012 all over again, and really it was going to be excruciating watching the last 15 mins or but I trudged downstairs and kept popping in and out from the TV until full time. Ecstatic then to say the least. Deja vu sheesh!!!

Had I stayed to watch the second half and to see we went 0-2 down, I don't know what I would have done !! One good thing though; I kept off the booze but now preparing to go down 'pub to celebrate belatedly.

Nephew never witnessed anything like it before and was considering changing his allegence until Tottenham got 4th place and Son won the Golden Boot.

Just my story

Last edited:
Me to, just spent the last four months worrying that the Dippers would do a reverse 93'20 an now relax, til next season.
exactly the same here. I thought they were going to wipe out our whole history of that, I thought we were playing to just stop that. Little did I know it was going to be ANOTHER 9320! Loving it

As an older fan, since 1966, who underwent Heart Surgery, (in Liverpool lol) in 2020, I genuinely don't think I can tolerate such emotions any more. After hiding behind the couch in 1966 (watching the World Cup Final) throughout the whole of extra-time and going in and out of the room 10 years ago until that magical moment, I couldn't live with the match just after the start of the 2nd half yesterday. I had invited my nephew round (a Tottenham fan aged 9) to witness how the last day of the season would evolve. I said to him "would you mind if I jumped out cos I can't take it any more - don't tell me anything as it happens and I'll see you about 6pm". So went into my bedroom and tried to sleep - heard his screams so I couldn't, until my wife came in and said we were winning 3-2. WTF? This was 2012 all over again, and really it was going to be excruciating watching the last 15 mins or but I trudged downstairs and kept popping in and out from the TV until full time. Ecstatic then to say the least. Deja vu sheesh!!!

Had I stayed to watch the second half and to see we went 0-2 down, I don't know what I would have done !! One good thing though; I kept off the booze but now preparing to go down 'pub to celebrate belatedly.

Nephew never witnessed anything like it before and was considering changing his allegence until Tottenham got 4th place and Son won the Golden Boot.

Just my story
Thats lovely. Well done avoiding it

*Warning City can kill you

Oh my god, Just read some of my texts and whatsapp messages yesterday through the game....Funny now and it shows how I felt at the time and how crazy emotions were but also damn embarrassingly cringeworthy especially now!!! Im hoping Im not the only one!

Actually wrote this to a mate at one stage, making we squirm with discomfort now!
"Kevs no Yaya, he bottled it in Madrid and is bottling it today....no wonder Belguim never win owt"

And this belter for example after Gundogs first..
"Watch the useless twats equalise now and Liverpool go and win"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.