How much do we owe SWP ?

if Shaun hadnt agreed to go to Chelsea there's are very good chance City wouldnt be here.

He clearly never wanted to leave City but knew he had to to save City.

Its easy to think of players that have done great things for the club but surely SWP agreeing to leave is up there.
I remember being at Macclesfield away pre season friendly when he didn’t play and news filtered through we’d sold him I was absolutely gutted, but when he came home it was just absolutely superb for us , the 4-1 against the rags at home was probably my favourite game I can remember from him. Loved the fella .

Only started 43 PL games in his three full seasons at Chelsea which was a sad waste of when he was 25-28 and almost certainly cost him a place in the 2006 World Cup squad. I can’t remember him having any serious injuries during that time but may be wrong.
At least he had the consolation of a PL winners medal during his time there.

Will always be a legend to me. I was a young teenager when he was at his best for city and vividly remember some of the amazing goals he was scoring for us. Away at Arsenal, home to Villa and Southampton. He was brilliant. Devastated when he left but understand years later why it was necessary. That he came on in the last 10 mins of the FA Cup semi vs the rags at Wembley back in 2011 and got one of the biggest cheers of the day says it all.

Only started 43 PL games in his three full seasons at Chelsea which was a sad waste of when he was 25-28 and almost certainly cost him a place in the 2006 World Cup squad. I can’t remember him having any serious injuries during that time but may be wrong.
At least he had the consolation of a PL winners medal during his time there.
He didn't start for England until he signed for Chelsea. Chelsea used to play 4 wingers most games and was used in the majority.

if Shaun hadnt agreed to go to Chelsea there's are very good chance City wouldnt be here.

He clearly never wanted to leave City but knew he had to to save City.

Its easy to think of players that have done great things for the club but surely SWP agreeing to leave is up there.

I see what you are saying but I don't think he really had a choice in the matter if push came to shove. And in all honesty, it wasn't as if he was taking a massive pay cut to join Chelski. So whilst it may have been his least preferable option, it certainly wasn't as if he was sacrificing himself for good and mankind.

Even more importantly he signed a new contract knowing he would be sold just before so that we got maximum value for him. His Dad was his agent so again you have to respect him as he could easily have said don't sign it. The 20 mill or so fee was in one immediate payment and that stopped us going bust
Pretty certain Mitchell Thomas was his agent mate

In hindsight, that move to Chelsea ruined a promising career and he was nowhere near the player when he came back.

I felt sorry for Pearce because he inherited Keegan’s crap and then lost our best player.

We owe him nothing.Notts Forest released him saying he wouldn't make it in football, City took him on, trained him to play at the highest level and I'm quite sure he was paid handsomely during both his spells. He was a great player for us but if it wasn't for City he might not have had the career he had so the Chelsea transfer fee was deserved by City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.