How much pressure is it to win the champions league this season?

KDBtojesus

I know everybody has high expectations for pep to win the CL and this year many see us as favourites. I know the bookmakers still have us as favourites.

Do you think we will win it? With Madrid not as good as they were and Bayern even though still very strong a lot of their players are past their prime.

Barca aren’t as good as they were in previous years but still one of the top favourites for obvious reasons.

Is this the year we win it and do you think we need this year to to show our greatness?

We have to do what we haven’t done so far in the champions league which is knock a top side out over two legs which will be one of either Barca, Madrid or Bayern. The games against Liverpool this year have given me hope even though they are in our domestic league we showed a big improvement in two games against a team that dumped us out last year.

It looks like Pep has learnt from last year and made us harder to beat in the big games, keep Fernandinho fit and we have a chance.

I believe we would have won last season if we didnt have a goal at klanfield and another in the first half at the Etihad wrongly disallowed. The game at Klanfield should have also be rearranged after the bus incident. We shouldnt fear Liverpool, in fact I would love to get them in a knockout stage again

I think the question has to be split into 3 categories.
1. How much pressure is there from our distractors? Like those that said in 2012 "you haven't won it by a points margin". And in 2014 said it was only won because Gerrard slipped. So when it was won by 19 points "well you haven't retained it" or you will never be a great club / team until you win the CL....

2. The media who (like above) have their fair share of mischevious individuals waiting to put the boot in so set the expectations high so they can knock us down at any given opportunity.

3 pressure from within the club be it Pep, Khaldoon or Sheikh Mansour himself and us, yes the fans.

Talk of us being favourites was always bollox IMO. Our European track record isn’t good enough to justify that.

I don’t feel we are under huge pressure and I’m not expecting us to win it. There’s a lot more pressure to win the PL.

I believe we would have won last season if we didnt have a goal at klanfield and another in the first half at the Etihad wrongly disallowed. The game at Klanfield should have also be rearranged after the bus incident. We shouldnt fear Liverpool, in fact I would love to get them in a knockout stage again
No it shouldn’t have, at all.

It was a load of empty smokies’ cardboard tubes, a load of half empty cans of Special Brew, a few stones and a few glass bottles, and the exit door window protector shattered.

This sort of thing happens at every single big game in Greece over the last few years. One game between Boca Juniors and River Plate saw River players sprayed with ammonia as they entered La Bombinera a few years ago.

It’s not good, it shouldn’t happen, but it’s not serious enough to call the game off.

It wasn’t as if it was like the Dortmund incident when three ISIL bombs went off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.