How rich are these Chinese clubs?

Why is what happened in the States in the 1970's in any way analogous to China in the 2020's?
Throwing money at football in a country where other sports are much more popular and well established. Just see it as a similarly doomed business model. These things need to be allowed to grow a bit more organically IMO.

Throwing money at football in a country where other sports are much more popular and well established. Just see it as a similarly doomed business model. These things need to be allowed to grow a bit more organically IMO.
The funny thing is that both the USA and China had fairly popular amateur leagues before the birth of MLS and CSL, the sport has probably become less popular by turning professional.

It's not a business model though, is it? It is (or at least presents itself to me as) a strategic, long term plan of the Chinese state - who have got both time and money in great abundance; luxuries that were not afforded to the NASL.

I would be shocked if they haven't planned in terms of what they are seeking to achieve taking decades. The Chinese government are not known for their whimsicality; they have thought this through and are in it for the long haul imo.

It's not a business model though, is it? It is (or at least presents itself to me as) a strategic, long term plan of the Chinese state - who have got both time and money in great abundance; luxuries that were not afforded to the NASL.

I would be shocked if they haven't planned in terms of what they are seeking to achieve taking decades. The Chinese government are not known for their whimsicality; they have thought this through and are in it for the long haul imo.
Well apparently the plan is to win the 2026 world cup? That's definitely over ambitious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.