How rich are these Chinese clubs?

they can chuck as much in as they want but i can't see chinese football getting to the European standard, when we came into money yes we bought players we could never have afforded before but to some degree we kept a proportion of british talent for eg Joe Hart being one, we integrated our buys with our home stock,,now how many chinese footballers would get into a premiership side 'not many' so any imported players that go to china are going to be part of a one man show in a very poor league

The thing is that it doesn't have to be a business model. Its state sponsored. The league has a 5 year TV deal worth 935 million pounds and that is only for China. While that sounds like a lot (and it is) if it is evenly distributed, that is about 11 million pounds per season per club. So the rest of this money is on state sponsored loans. What remains to be seen is what happens if/when China has a recession. Does the money dry up?

they can chuck as much in as they want but i can't see chinese football getting to the European standard, when we came into money yes we bought players we could never have afforded before but to some degree we kept a proportion of british talent for eg Joe Hart being one, we integrated our buys with our home stock,,now how many chinese footballers would get into a premiership side 'not many' so any imported players that go to china are going to be part of a one man show in a very poor league

I think they have a limit of 5 foreign players, which means the main bulk of the squad will always be Chinese. This is meant to increase the influx of decent Chinese players, because the Chinese president is a big football fan and is pissed off at their current national squad's ranking:

skn.png
St. Kitts and Nevis 443(442.64) 443 0 301.16 301.16 169.98 84.99 188.28 56.48 0.00 0.00
chn.png
China PR 427(426.52) 423 1 222.70 222.70 257.86 128.93 141.43 42.43 162.33 32.47
fro.png
Faroe Islands 422(422.49) 422 1 229.35 229.35 216.56 108.28 270.27 81.08 18.89 3.78

Could be a blessing in disguise if the Chinese league overpowered the European Leagues.
I doubt it but let's say if it did...

This could lead to more English clubs choosing from the English pool of players and we'd start to produce our own talent much more and who knows, maybe actually compete on the National Game level??

Again I doubt it but would be refreshing to see a bunch of British lads playing for the top clubs rather than what we've seen in recent times such as Arsenal fielding a full team of foreigners.

such as Arsenal fielding a full team of foreigners.

You do realise we only had 1 English player start against Burnley and only 2 in a squad of 18. By all means slag Arse off but we're in the same situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.