How things have changed

We have won 4 very important away matches including at Wembley and our 5th at the Swamp on Sunday is arguably our least important of all of them...
For years beating Rags was often a highlight of our season,how times have changed for the better for us Blues.
Still like to beat them,but it’s roles reversed now I hope we destroy them on sunday though ..

Those of us who were around in the period 1968-74, will recall a period when wins for City at Old Trafford were routine. In that period, City won six and drew won in the seven League matches. It started with the Colin Bell masterclass that propelled City to the title and ended with the Denis Law backheel as United went down.

The derby game used to be an inconvenience for Rags , a local dust up and they treated our club with disdain for decades , when anybody asks me about our fierce rivalry with the Dippers i laugh out loud , the Rags will always be the number one enemy , no matter how far we are ahead and how insignificant they are now becoming , we had over 30 years of shite from them.
Things have changed in respect of our current superiority, but one thing will never change ..................they are the scum of the earth.

Your right it is the least most important game kn the last couple of weeks.
But I hate those bastards more than anything we have to beat them

Those of us who were around in the period 1968-74, will recall a period when wins for City at Old Trafford were routine. In that period, City won six and drew won in the seven League matches. It started with the Colin Bell masterclass that propelled City to the title and ended with the Denis Law backheel as United went down.
Went to every one of them. Happy days, especially the first and last ones.

I never thought I would see the successes of this period ever again. I remember standing on the open score board end in those days, then keeping my head down after the game as I made my way back to Levenshulme.

The Colin Bell masterlass would have been the 3-1 at OT. He got carried off on a stretcher if memory serves me right, and asked them to stop as they were taking him round the perimeter so he could watch the penalty being taken that made it 3 - 1. I stand to be corrected but I'm sure that I'm right, unless I'm getting my games mixed up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.