How things have changed

I never thought I would see the successes of this period ever again. I remember standing on the open score board end in those days, then keeping my head down after the game as I made my way back to Levenshulme.

The Colin Bell masterlass would have been the 3-1 at OT. He got carried off on a stretcher if memory serves me right, and asked them to stop as they were taking him round the perimeter so he could watch the penalty being taken that made it 3 - 1. I stand to be corrected but I'm sure that I'm right, unless I'm getting my games mixed up.
I remember United going one up through George Best (?) and then Colin Bell took over dominating the midfield and scoring the equaliser before a rare goal by George Heslop put City ahead. Bell was replaced by Dave Connor.

I went with a group from work many of whom had hid their pro-United sympathies up till then. It all came out at the match. It proved the turning point of the season with United’s big lead being eroded

I never thought I would see the successes of this period ever again. I remember standing on the open score board end in those days, then keeping my head down after the game as I made my way back to Levenshulme.

The Colin Bell masterlass would have been the 3-1 at OT. He got carried off on a stretcher if memory serves me right, and asked them to stop as they were taking him round the perimeter so he could watch the penalty being taken that made it 3 - 1. I stand to be corrected but I'm sure that I'm right, unless I'm getting my games mixed up.
Nowt wrong with your memory. Francis Burns twatted him in the box, and up stepped Franny.
It was surreal after that. All you could hear all round the ground were shouts of City for the rest of the match. What a night!

Now, what happened in the last home match? I can't remember!

I despise them more than Liverpool always have done always will. They are now just like a pesky wasp in the room that needs swatting. Let's all laugh at United haha ha ha haha ha ha

Nowt wrong with your memory. Francis Burns twatted him in the box, and up stepped Franny.
It was surreal after that. All you could hear all round the ground were shouts of City for the rest of the match. What a night!

My first ever City game at 9 years old.

We have won 4 very important away matches including at Wembley and our 5th at the Swamp on Sunday is arguably our least important of all of them...
For years beating Rags was often a highlight of our season,how times have changed for the better for us Blues.
It’s always the most important for me. Never forget how much they taunted us and what we went through. Every time we play them I us to thrash them. They’ve beat us twice this season and think about how grim it will be if they win again. Let’s remind them who’s the pride of Manchester

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.