How to fill our time

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by seafordblue, 21 Mar 2020.

1. seafordblue

seafordblue

So, after trying to fill the void of football, I’ve been watching old City matches from dvd, blu ray, sky planner in anthology album & date order. So far up to 2010 from 2002 I would conclude the following:

Richards was actually a decent defender before becoming a tv personality!

Bellamy seriously underrated

Unlucky with Bojinov injury

Loved Petrov

How exciting was it when Robinho signed!

Shook hands with Shinawatra at M40 services – excited at the time, but wouldn't be now!

What a loon was Adebayor!

Who were those fans in Blue Moon Rising and their bloody van!

Loved Tevez

Michael Johnson , what a player and so sad he didn’t make it

So excited by Elano signing.

I thought Joe Hart was our goalie but lots of matches with Shay Given in goal, My memory is f**cked up!

SWP still had it on his return

Unfortunately it’s true But McManamananamna did actually play for us!

Thank goodness we replaced Corluka with Zabaletta

I look like Sven!

Tomorrow's viewing, happier times!

2. NZBlue

NZBlue

While I concede that he appeared in our shirt I cannot agree that he ever played for us!

3. mexico1970

mexico1970

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Good man. chin up pal that's the spirit.

Myself I have ordered Trivial pursuit and a compendium of games to entertain me when I am trapped in the house with the wife, she probably says the same thing about me. Our microwave broke 2 years ago and we replaced that it's being picked up today and the good lady is as excited as a kitten in springtime ( It's the normality of buying the unit that she likes I am sure)

In addition I have gone mad on ebay ordering PC cases RAM and SSD's so that my unfinished projects can be completed, there are motherboards and power supplies littered around the house in boxes that will finally get an outing where someone might make use of with Netflix or **Cough some other platform.

Cornish_Blue likes this.
  4. Neil francis

Neil francis

Agree about Bellamy, he was better than we credited him, he was a twat at times but he certainly could play.

5. Blue Maverick

Blue Maverick

Is it really as easy at it looks on you tube to build a pc? I do fancy doing it.

Cornish_Blue and mexico1970 like this.
  6. mexico1970

mexico1970

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    It's very easy, it's modular mainly. The challenge only lies in making sure you get a decent power supply to power your components and that those components are compatible, getting bang for your buck kicks in after that and you do that by narrowing down what you actually use it for.

PSU
    Motherboard
    RAM
    CPU + Cooler
    SSD (Hard Drive)
    Graphics card if you don't want to use an APU or Intel HD Graphics that are built in.
    And install an operating system.

Take about 3 hours to build including installing the operating system and you get a lot of satisfaction because you learn along the way and you actually did it yourself.

*It gets a little more complicated if you add an AIO (Water cooling system) or raid arrays but it's achievable even for a novice. give me a PM if you want me to suggest parts suited for you or ask on the board there are some very capable people on here.

7. ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN

Gardens looking shit hot

Dog is as fit as butchers dog

Car shining

Kids indoors = me outdoors

Cornish_Blue and trumpton like this.
  8. Blue Maverick

Blue Maverick

Cheers mate I’ve asked a few questions at overclockers, depends on what budget I go for.

mexico1970 likes this.
  9. mexico1970

mexico1970

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    I always ask a customer what they need/want it for and work it from there, overclockers can be a great source of information specially when you become adept at the basics and you then want to tinker, updating bios, dual booting, running virtual machines and servers.

People who are gamers like to get the best parts they can afford and it can get very expensive, fair play to them if they can afford it, most other people can get a pretty good rig up and going for under £400 with some future proof built in.

Cornish_Blue and Blue Maverick like this.
  10. Blue Maverick

Blue Maverick

Ye I mainly play world of Warcraft to relax myself so I don’t need a huge amount of power I’m far too old for these FPS games these days.

mexico1970 likes this.