How to manage pubs opening again.

Spoons make more money from food than they do alcohol which is amazing given that it’s all pre-prepared and heated in a microwave oven.

Joseph Holts’ are the chain to use.

Holts may well look very different when this is done. They are much smaller than Spoons and much of their investment has now stopped.

Spoons is what it is. They make a shit ton on liquor, because they move it in volume. Tim the dick reminds me of O’Leary. It’s so fucking cheap, it’s always going to work. He will get away with what he’s done here, potentially trade even better. For a man like that, bad press is better than no press.

Microwaved and frozen food is what happens across just about every single chain in the country. Whitbread. Greene king. J.W Lees. Spoons. M and B. Joey Holt. I could go on. They all do it and all make a shit tonne of money in the process.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think the government will look to have as many businesses (including social venues) open at the earliest opportunity (whether that is deemed to be totally 'safe' by opposing MP's or scientists or not?).

At some point if we stay locked away long enough poverty will become the new killer.

Enormously difficult balance to try and strike and I don't envy them having to make the decisions............

Last edited:
Jesus, our local has only just announced he was shutting up yesterday. I've no evidence he was doing lock-ins, but judging by the sarcastic comments on facebook, some seem to think so.
I believe that decision was only because the brewery agreed to buy back any unused beer!
3 of my locals have had the coppers in. They check every pump and it must have water coming through.

When this eventually happens the danger clearly is that everyone goes mental on the first night and we undo all the hard work that has gone into the lockdown however that may be.

Does anyone think something along the lines of allocating a maximum number of people in a pub at any one time for the first month would work?!

God knows how they are going to do it.

What do you think?

Yes it will be chaos

Maybe Staggered opening for Regions last orders by 11,(No Pun Intended)?

Me too. I can’t wait for the pubs to be open. I will be in them!
That's me at the front...

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.