How to play without David Silva (and Dinho)... yes 442

WallyA

Just some thoughts on how to maximize squad effectiveness when certain players are not fit. The said formation is:

--------Aguero/Jesus------Sterling---------
Sane-----Gundogan-----Kevin-------B. Silva
Delph-----CB---------CB---------Walker

I will preface my discussion by saying that while this isn't reactionary to the Liverpool game, it has been waying on my mind on how we would fair without David Silva, or if fatigue would catch with Dinho (he seemed out of sorts against Pool), said thoughts then perfectly popped up after the game obviously.

Gundogan: I have said this before, but I don't believe Gundogan fits perfectly as the 10 in the 433 we play, yes technically we play with two 8s but if you see our game in the 433 formation (with Kevin and David), then you'll notice that David plays more further forward naturally than Kevin, with Delph coming in midfield quite often. Now you can just play Gundogan next to one of the Silvas but that defeats the point in maximizing the squad use. Even at Dortmund (who I watched quite a bit back in the day), he didn't play as a 10, he was an 8 who controlled the midfield and play incisive through balls.

Crucially though, pairing him with Kevin in midfield should work theoretically because Kevin runs his ass off, and the midfield is not lost based on 4 players natural playstyle:

1) Delph: Comes inside regularly to support midfield from behind.

2) B Silva: This formation suits Bernardo perfectly, it allows him to come inside as a central midfielder and go out wide when necessary as well.

3) Jesus: He drops deep regularly in our 433 no explanation needed.

4) Sterling: Gets to play a little more centrally where he is best at, can also go wide to let Bernardo come inside as well, lots of interplay possibilities obviously.

Looking at the line-up and formation I think it suits us more if we have to play without David and/or Dinho.

When everyone is fit, the go to will be 433 and for good reason, but Pep is the kind of manager that likes to change things up against his opponent, and is not afraid to experiment when the squad has injuries, he used so many different formations at Bayern, for particular opponents and due to injuries.

I think we can only play with 2 strikers if we play with wing backs. Attempting to play in this league without a holding midfielder I feel would be suicidal.

B. Silva needs to play in D.Silva's position, not on the right wing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.