How to push on.

The first thing we need is for our most influential players to stay. There's a lot of talk about who we might sign but nobody's considering and player leaving. It probably won't happen but it is a possibility.

Then it is important that we we retain the believe, hunger and team spirit and any new signings come on board doing the same.

On new signings, a DM to cover - and eventually replace - Fernandinho. Also an additional attacker; Mahrez would be a great option imo. I'd also be much more comfortable if we moved Bravo on. Either bring in a new keeper or promote Gunn but if Ederson picks up an injury we're immediately left very vulnerable with Bravo his replacement.

Much is made of our scoring exploits, but that is the area we arguably need to work on most.

We played 47 domestic games last season and in 23 of these games, we actually scored two goals or less. In many of those games, it was generally a case of us failing to convert our chances.

It is evident that Guardiola sees the 3 goal lead as the moment he feels confident enough to use youth from the bench- watch how animated he is with his lieutenants the moment we go 3 clear- but far too often we get stuck on 1 or 2 and fear the late sting, which means the younger players get less time and the same players have to play longer and longer.

I'm not that bothered about the 6/7 scorelines or the magical 10, again, but I would like to see that 23 figure reduced to about 13/15 next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.