How will we fare in the Champs League next season?

Johnsonontheleft

Can we win it with the current squad? Do you think we'll make a marquee signing to help us achieve this aim?

I love wishful thinking, but we haven't even worked out how to play in the Europa yet.

like any knock out competition it's all about luck. Would we win it if we faced Bayern, Real, Barca 3 rounds in a row? Probably not, but we're good enought o stand toe to toe with anyone.

mat said:
fucked over by refs and back in Europa as booked.

Yep.

Where will have watch yet again the opposition conning the ref to scrape through to the next round in the hope of getting to the final, of which no one gives a fuck about because it's not the Champions League.

Premier League dominance is all I care about for the next 2-3 years.

Depends on what pot and thus what group we end up in. If we get bloody Dortmund as our pot 4 team it will be tough. If we get a Rag like group we would get out of the group stages and then it's as much a case of luck as good football. Get Barcelona straight out of the groups? We're probably going home. Get Marseille or similar? We'll go further.

Generally, all I ever hope for each year is progress. As such, I think getting into the knockout stages, and holding our own, is the least we can hope for.

Hopefully though, we'll play the rags in the final and beat them easily.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.