How would City cope with a transfer ban?

It always makes me smile when I hear these wonderful lines from either so called pundits or managers who have faced City :
"They have a very large squad".
No you fucking numpties we have the same amount as the rest of the PL ... its the quality we have not the quantity.Makes my piss boil.

If for arguments sake we had an enduring ban on transfer then we would get to really test the ability of the academy to produce players able to step up.

What I think would happen is that we are pretty good at churning out technically good attacking midfielders & wingers and the odd CM but they tend to be box to box types and not the sort of defensive minded tackling machines that teams need. In defense we do ok for CBs but havent turned out that many right or left backs over the years. And we haven't had a decent striker come through the academy as for maybe 20 years (I'm counting Nacho as a transfer).

Genuine question - who was the last city academy striker to score more than 10 goals in a season? Was it David White?

For City you're probably right, Sturridge must have done it for Liverpool though.

A transfer ban could lead to City actually prioritising cup competitions.

We may see for instance a younger side in the carabou cup next season, perhaps even the FA Cup
That would be a good thing IMO
Would be ironic (for FIFA and the various other entities behind this) if the ban leads to more development for three or four of our extremely talented youngsters, leading to them earning a place in the senior squad, thus saving us significant amounts of money, and further advancing our academy (which will attract even more talented youngsters after the transfer ban)...

It always makes me smile when I hear these wonderful lines from either so called pundits or managers who have faced City :
"They have a very large squad".
No you fucking numpties we have the same amount as the rest of the PL ... its the quality we have not the quantity.Makes my piss boil.
This,the idiots keep repeating that every 5 mins,they don't seem to realise we have quality back up players because of planning and spending wisely,they couldn't possibly give us any credit for that

For Barcelona several years ago, they were banned from registering new players - so it made even promoting a youth player not possible as they would have had to be registered with the federation.
Didn't know that, that's actually pretty crap if you're not allowed to play your own damn players too.

We have a squad of 25, never mind looking at bringing in more players. If any transfer ban happens then we deal with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.