How would we play against Barca?

kippax_blueboy

I was watching the game last night and wondered how we would play against Barca.

Our formation and tactics.

433 or 451

My guess 451 with Balo up front.

Sliva, Yaya, Milner, Barry, Nasri

We wouldn't beat them at the moment. Not a chance. That's hardly insulting though is it?

We'd play our 4-2-3-1 with Dzeko, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Barry, Richards, Clichy, Vk, JL and Hart all playing or our kinda 4-3-1-2 with milner instead of Nasri, dropping into the center with Yaya and Barry.

Barca are inexorable. No way I'm arrogant enough to say we'd beat them.

This is the thing with City at the moment, fans are getting carried away on the wave. There's not a cat-in-hell's chance that we'd beat Barcelona or be anywhere near them and to suggest otherwise is complete and utter arrogance on a grand scale and makes us all look like cunts basically.

Their whole club is streets ahead of ours from the bottom to the top and it's a model we're trying to emulate. One day we might get there but until we have 100,000 plus members and the best player the world has (arguably) ever seen playing for us and we've won the European Cup on three or more occassions then we might be talking.

Until then, Blue Moon!

kippax_blueboy said:
I was watching the game last night and wondered how we would play against Barca.

Our formation and tactics.

433 or 451

My guess 451 with Balo up front.

Sliva, Yaya, Milner, Barry, Nasri

Lol Balo would never start this game!

-------------Dzeko
----Aguero-----------Silva
-------------Yaya
--------Barry-----De Jong

Clichy---Kolo--Komps--Richards

-------------Hart

Work-rate up top; Yaya's runs; set pieces; De Jong being able to receive the ball from the defence and find a pass (where most teams panic and kick the ball straight back. Also note that De Jong can pass, contrary to the wisdom of a lot on here); Clichy and Barry combine to take out the threat from Alves.

Also, the one game of the year where Kolo plays because Messi exposes Lescott all day long. Kolo's more agile and can cope better with the changes in direction and relies less on strength (which is useless against Barcelona).

JOGAMIGMOG said:
This is the thing with City at the moment, fans are getting carried away on the wave. There's not a cat-in-hell's chance that we'd beat Barcelona or be anywhere near them and to suggest otherwise is complete and utter arrogance on a grand scale and makes us all look like cunts basically.

Their whole club is streets ahead of ours from the bottom to the top and it's a model we're trying to emulate. One day we might get there but until we have 100,000 plus members and the best player the world has (arguably) ever seen playing for us and we've won the European Cup on three or more occassions then we might be talking.

Until then, Blue Moon!

I understand what you mean and where you are coming from BUT for some reason I think Bobby can stifle the hell out of them if we were to play them for at least a draw!!

I dont think we can beat by playing our attacking formation i.e. @United and Spurs but Arsenal away last season could work against them for a point or even a 1 -0 win.

Well, I reckon the current Real Madrid side would tonk Bayern Munich's first team. Last night, they couldn't get the ball off Barca for three quarters of the game. Barca toyed with them and when they wanted to score they went up an extra gear. It was very much like watching them in the CL final last May.

They would tear us a new arse, but it's not to say we're a bad side, just that they are on a different planet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.