How would you like the season to be decided?

How should the season be decided?

• Total voters
FUCK LIVERPOOL!
Promote the top 2 from the Championship.
No relegation from the Premier League.
Next season 4 drop down.

Balances itself out in the end.

Christ you're good: I just 'liked' this post, despite my lot being in a play-off spot! But no doubt dopey Scotty would have bollocksed it up anyway.

Having thought a lot about this, I honestly do not see how this season can be completed fairly. It would mean that for all remaining fixtures, home teams would forfeit their home advantage, as matches will be played on neutral grounds with no fans. That gives an advantage to away teams, especially those who have already had the equivalent "home" fixture.

It is also a problem for 2020/2021, because it seems to me that we will be very lucky to get grounds open to the punters before February/March 2021 - once everyone has had a jab. It might well take longer, depending on on how quickly the vaccine becomes available.

But let's be honest - this is about money. They don't give a shiny shit about abstract concepts such as fairness, and still less about the fans. They also want LiVARpool to have the title at all costs.

Having thought a lot about this, I honestly do not see how this season can be completed fairly. It would mean that for all remaining fixtures, home teams would forfeit their home advantage, as matches will be played on neutral grounds with no fans. That gives an advantage to away teams, especially those who have already had the equivalent "home" fixture.
But let's be honest - this is about money. They don't give a shiny shit about abstract concepts such as fairness, and still less about the fans. They also want LiVARpool to have the title at all costs.

You’re dead right, but ‘completed fairly’? It wasn’t even competed fairly when everything was fine!

It is also a problem for 2020/2021, because it seems to me that we will be very lucky to get grounds open to the punters before February/March 2021 - once everyone has had a jab. It might well take longer, depending on on how quickly the vaccine becomes available.

Totally agree , the Premier league keep on going on about integrityof the game etc etc and yet we do not get the chance to smash the Dippers to pieces at the Etihad in front of over 50k baying supporters , the Dippers shat themselves last season , it was hilarious watching their players kicking the ball into touch for the first half hour , i thought we were playing St.Helens.

How Would You Like Your Season Decided ?

By a Bullseye darts match...…………………..

Here's what you could have won.

Should be null and void .. won’t be though.

I see Lyon are talking legal regarding how France decided the league.
Probably be the same here if it happens

Should be null and void .. won’t be though.

I see Lyon are talking legal regarding how France decided the league.
Probably be the same here if it happens

Good for them.

As football is obviously big business these days, contract law must come into it. I bet nowhere does it say a league can unilaterally hand a title to anyone because of 'unforeseen circumstances'. I expect Lyon to win any case they bring.

Maybe the leagues are busily revising next season's contracts, so they are at liberty to end it however they want - if it comes to it again. Duckworth-Lewis, anyone?

Be ironic/very sweet if the dippers - who are so hot on the law and their precious 'rights' - are denied the league by.......the law.

Cancel season only way . Then every year they can have a day where they can remember this injustice and sing their anthem ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.