How would you rate our transfer window?

My take on it is that we have effectively signed 3 new players. Mahrez, Mendy and Laporte who didn’t feature much from Jan onwards. Throw in a fit Kompany, a Stones who looks like he has his mojo back, a Foden who now looks ready to start games and an injury free Aguero and Jesus and it all looks pretty good to me.

The biggest risk is not the defensive midfield as I think our style and system means players can adapt to what is asked of them, it is the risk of going into the season with only Aguero and Jesus upfront. Hopefully they both stay injury free.

I think it shows the faith Pep has in his players and they will appreciate that message.

IMO Mahrez will help us improve more than just our right wing. First of all, he’s better than Sterling on the wing. Second, he will allow Bernardo to play a more central role (where he’s looked class), which might allow Gundogan to cover for Fernandinho occasionally. Sometimes, one transfer can solve multiple problems, and I think the signing of Mahrez is a perfect example of this.

Sorry mate but I agree with him, they may have bought £200m of good players but they are not good enough for us. So why does it affect us?
You never know Liverpool might regress. But in advance of the season, Liverpool worry more now than they did before the window. I think that's a reasonable reaction to the players they bought (forget the monies spent).

Goal just posted their summer transfer business review for City...

Still favourites for the title, but a disappointing transfer window... Goal's Man City correspondent @Sammy_Goal reviews the Premier League champions' summer transfer business. #mcfc #pl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.