How would you rate our transfer window?

Underwhelming, but one potential match winner brought in.
We've just had the most successful season in history, breaking the record for breaking records, have lost not one of our main playing squad, welcomed back players from serious injury (equivalent to new signings), bought a former POTY that most clubs would give their eye teeth for, and our transfer window is "underwhelming"?

For heaven's sake man, we're not made of money!

Our transfer window - not good.

We failed to sign a backup/replacement to Fernandinho.

On the positive side - didn't lose any player that we want to keep; our squad prior to the window was already exceptionally strong; many in our side are young and thus there's not an immediate need for replacements. We offloaded some players that no longer fit our side; we did not overpay for a new player.
===
I rate our window as a C+ - but unless you're willing to outspend any competition for a player you want - sometimes there's simply no player available for the price you want to pay for the positions you want to fill. This window as a for-example.

7.5/10

Would've gave it a 10 if we'd got Jorginho or another top class DM e.g. Verratti.

Our transfer window - not good.

We failed to sign a backup/replacement to Fernandinho.

On the positive side - didn't lose any player that we want to keep; our squad prior to the window was already exceptionally strong; many in our side are young and thus there's not an immediate need for replacements. We offloaded some players that no longer fit our side; we did not overpay for a new player.
===
I rate our window as a C+ - but unless you're willing to outspend any competition for a player you want - sometimes there's simply no player available for the price you want to pay for the positions you want to fill. This window as a for-example.
Are you kidding?we got mahrez,kept everyone we wanted,unearthed some good kids,dinho has another season in him and several can fill in,what a plonker lol(that is a joke name)

Would be 8.5 if Douglas Luiz was granted a work permit at 9 or better if we had signed a DM. If our back line stays healthy I'm looking forward to seeing Pep experiment with Stones in that position. I'm glad Zinchenko stayed for extra cover at LB. It's wonderful to have Mendy back but time will tell how he handles a long season over multiple competitions. Delph doesn't have the greatest injury record either.

Put simply.In Pep we trust.He WILL make this squad perform better than last season in the Champions League and we'll be even more able to out-fox teams that choose to park the bus.
Remember,most of our young players are still nowhere near their peak.They're getting better year on year.Bring 'em all on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.