Howard Webb..

Pigeonho said:
It's likely a random team like West Brom get just as many for decisions, but because some City fans hatred of United equals their love for City, they notice Uniteds for decisions more. Me, I couldn't give a rats arse what they win, what they lose or what they do.

With all due respects, bollocks.

Refs bottle it against the sky 4 clubs, no conspiracy they just avoid giving a decision that could put them in the papers for the next few days being called all sorts of things by the likes of baconface. They're intimidated by the sky 4 crowds and they're intimidated by the sky 4 players.

No way in the world a club like West Brom gets anywhere near the decisions that the rags get.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:
It's likely a random team like West Brom get just as many for decisions, but because some City fans hatred of United equals their love for City, they notice Uniteds for decisions more. Me, I couldn't give a rats arse what they win, what they lose or what they do.

With all due respects, bollocks.

Refs bottle it against the sky 4 clubs, no conspiracy they just avoid giving a decision that could put them in the papers for the next few days being called all sorts of things by the likes of baconface. They're intimidated by the sky 4 crowds and they're intimidated by the sky 4 players.

No way in the world a club like West Brom gets anywhere near the decisions that the rags get.
You don't know that because you don't have the same negative emotion toward West Brom like you do United. Anything in life that you hate, you will inadvertedly keep a keen eye on, and anything that favours that thing you hate you will notice more and more.

Pigeonho said:
You don't know that because you don't have the same negative emotion toward West Brom like you do United. Anything in life that you hate, you will inadvertedly keep a keen eye on, and anything that favours that thing you hate you will notice more and more.

Rubbish, claptrap and balderdash I'm afraid.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:

Rubbish, claptrap and balderdash I'm afraid.
To each their own :-)

tevezisablue said:
Most fans of other Clubs would all say that the Rags get 99% of decisions in their favour, the fact that they are our rivals is irrelevant, they still get the big decisions.
Did they get the big decision when David Luiz should have gone?
Did they get the big decision when Scholes got sent off at Wembley... WEMBLEY?!
Yes I know you will probably have examples against my point at the ready, but you said they get the big decisions when the fact is they don't, they just get their share like everyone else.

Pigeonho said:
tevezisablue said:
Most fans of other Clubs would all say that the Rags get 99% of decisions in their favour, the fact that they are our rivals is irrelevant, they still get the big decisions.
Did they get the big decision when David Luiz should have gone?
Did they get the big decision when Scholes got sent off at Wembley... WEMBLEY?!
Yes I know you will probably have examples against my point at the ready, but you said they get the big decisions when the fact is they don't, they just get their share like everyone else.

Yes I know what you are saying but have a look at what happened the last time Mr Webb was at the Swamp v Dipperpool.

Vidic has got away with loads this season, not just this Sunday, Rooney's Elbow to name a few.

The OP was just about Webb and Rags usually, and going by previous I would say Utd will get the big decisions (assuming there will be any).

Not terribly happy about Webb getting this and its probably got something to do with Fergie's comments after Arsenal. Call me crazy but I genuinely believe his constant slander of the officials is more likely to backfire on him than it is to hinder us. Take Tottenham last weekend, the ref's gave us the benefit of the doubt. They didn't conspire to help us win the game, they just took 2 50/50 calls and gave the advantage to the attacker. They also denied us a penalty probably to correct the mistake with Lampard's goal. This shit happens with human beings in charge.

However, I think they gave us the benefit of the doubt because of Ancelotti's behaviour. I have never heard him criticise a referee's decision, integrity of competence whether horrific decisions go against us or not. He's one of the classiest managers I've ever seen and by simply respecting the officials regardless of what they decide, rather than laying siege to the authorities like Ferguson/Wenger/Mourhino/et al - I think they've come to respect him for it. If you were a referee faced with a 50/50 are you going to award it to the guy who called you a cheating **** in the papers last week, or the guy who respects the job you do and accepts whatever decision you deem fit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.