Howard Webb..

tevezisablue said:
Pigeonho said:
Did they get the big decision when David Luiz should have gone?
Did they get the big decision when Scholes got sent off at Wembley... WEMBLEY?!
Yes I know you will probably have examples against my point at the ready, but you said they get the big decisions when the fact is they don't, they just get their share like everyone else.

Yes I know what you are saying but have a look at what happened the last time Mr Webb was at the Swamp v Dipperpool.

Vidic has got away with loads this season, not just this Sunday, Rooney's Elbow to name a few.

The OP was just about Webb and Rags usually, and going by previous I would say Utd will get the big decisions (assuming there will be any).
The Rooney one i'll give you. Clatternberg should never have reffed again because of the hug, pat on the back or whatever it was. It was shocking to see, but it would have been equally as shocking to have seen if it was any player, not just Rooney. Someone posted on another thread before that the refs are scared to give decisions against United. I don't see that because what is their to be scared of? A ticking off off Taggart? A beating behind the bike sheds? There's nothing to be scared of in reality.

I reckon at least 5 times this season, refs have bottled out of sending a rag player off when they were level or behind. They've got 12 points from those 5 matches.

Standings might look a little different if not for that.

but it would have been equally as shocking to have seen if it was any player, not just Rooney

Oh yeah totally agree, but it always seems to be Utd players. Yep maybe they are scared of giving decisions against them, but the FA should be making more of an example of Bacon, Wenger et all for their comments, and by the same token Refs should be more accountable for inept decisions.

Pigeonho said:
Say it is happening then, why? What can a ref possibly gain from it?

They have a lot to gain.

Send a United player off and Fergie will be in the press slagging you and your capabilities as a ref for the next week. You might struggle to ref big matches involving United for a while. The press will join in the attack.

Do the same against a West Brom, if you get it wrong a few people will tut tut and it will be forgotten about before kick off next Saturday.

It's no conspiracy, just a natural human reaction to not put yourself in the firing line.

tevezisablue said:
but it would have been equally as shocking to have seen if it was any player, not just Rooney

Oh yeah totally agree, but it always seems to be Utd players. Yep maybe they are scared of giving decisions against them, but the FA should be making more of an example of Bacon, Wenger et all for their comments, and by the same token Refs should be more accountable for inept decisions.
Thats my point though, what could they possibly be scared of?

I don't know, maybe as other posters have said, they maybe are scared of not Refereeing the big games, perhaps the huge games are the pinnacle of a Referee's career and fear of upsetting Bacon Face and the media could hinder their chances of the big games.

tevezisablue said:

I don't know, maybe as other posters have said, they maybe are scared of not Refereeing the big games, perhaps the huge games are the pinnacle of a Referee's career and fear of upsetting Bacon Face and the media could hinder their chances of the big games.
Atkinson didn't seem to have a problem upsetting him though did he when he sent Scholes off? Wasn't it Atkinson who didn't sent Luiz off too?

Atkinson didn't seem to have a problem upsetting him though did he when he sent Scholes off? Wasn't it Atkinson who didn't sent Luiz off too?

Atkinson sent Luiz off but also gave the 7 minutes.

It was Dean who sent Scholes off, imo Dean should have Reffed this game as he is the only one who doesn't care who they are he is usually very fair to anybody.

tevezisablue said:

Atkinson sent Luiz off but also gave the 7 minutes.

It was Dean who sent Scholes off, imo Dean should have Reffed this game as he is the only one who doesn't care who they are he is usually very fair to anybody.
My mistake re semi ref, but the fact Atkinson didn't send Luiz off, (an against United decision), but gave the 7 mins, (a for United decision) surely shows its what it is, ref decisions which go for or against?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.