Howards Blog - Great insight and a must read

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by dave_blue12, 24 May 2013.

1. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

2. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Fantastic read from Howard there. But it doesn't altogether put to bed the notion that club was briefing against Mancini. If they spoke to the Press Office the official line would be "He's been sacked because he's not who we want to take us forward" but there would be unattributable statements like "Look - things were pretty bad behind the scenes & he'd fallen out with just about everyone but you can't quote me on that."

It does kill the notion that the club's PR team can control the media though. There are people who they have no control over spreading stories.

3. whipper

whipper

They are spot on with FFP rules

4. Jnr Kisby

Jnr Kisby

Very enjoyable read thanks for posting

5. citysince88

citysince88

6. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

You think I'm naive ok I think you are stupid !

The club don't need to brief against Mancini - there is no point. What is the benefit to the club ?

7. citysince88

citysince88

Don't get your knickers in a twist mate ! People won't believe a word that comes out of a journo's mouth so, yes if you think this puts anything to bed you are very naive or dumb but I was being nice so naive :)

8. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

I also think you're being a little naive as well but don't bite my head off! There's nothing in there that is an explicit denial of club spin. Ogden is the only one who touches on it when he says it's about asking the right questions. Taylor says other sources were responsible for a lot of it (but he doesn't say all).

As to what is the benefit to the club, I've talked about that before. They have to counter the view that he was sacked on a whim or as a result of a story leaking. They want to distance themselves from looking like another Chelsea so I believe were briefing along the lines of relationships had broken down irretrievably. I thought the club had done a good job in that sense.

I do not believe the additional stuff in the Mail came directly from the club or even that they had any interest in that level of dirt coming out. They'd done their job, put the lid on it and that stuff just made someone look petty and vindictive.

9. bellbuzzer

bellbuzzer

now and again a gem like this turns up, terrific read.

10. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

OK Einstein you have told us you don't believe anything that comes out of a Journo's mouth. How about applying your impressive intellect to my question ?

Why would City brief against Mancini ?