Hows our TIming?

Kinkys Left Foot

Team supported
City
The only black mark in the whole shebang is the Nasri Injury and even that might contain a silver lining!
We're approaching the critical moments of the season and i've had a long hard look at the fixture list as i'm sure most blues have and it's bloody daunting if we stay in competitions until the final stages and we'll need every one of our squad. It will mean playing nearly every 3 days until the end of the season and god only knows when we can fit in the derby match at Old Trafford now we're going to Wembley in the Capital One Cup.
It seems to me MP has got Garcia playing the way he wants and has been hugely improved over the last few games, i'm not sure if it's because he's had a run of games or he's finally settled down.

Over the last couple of weeks we've broke Aguerro back in from injury and he's notched in all 3 games like he's never been away. Micah and Rodwell seem to have recovered from their hammy (for now, please let their recovery be long term) and the truly invisable man Jovetic has finally got back in and got some playing time (hopefully more to come) I have a sneeky feeling SJ might be a bit special when he's up and running.
Brilliant to see young Marcos Lopes have a great game and hope to see a bit more of him he looks ready to be introduced slowly but surely and may give us another option.

By the time the League Cup is out of the way we will have played Spurs away and Chelsea at home as well as Barca, Sunderland, Norwich and Stoke, no reason we can't stay unbeaten through those but it's looking a bit too far in front for now. Hopefully Samir will be just about ready and we should have a full squad raring to go with a few who are still relatively fresh. Then we look forward to Barca away and two crunch matches with the Scousers at Anfield and the Arse at the Emirates which I think will decide where we finish in the League 1st or 2nd. Performances the like of the Newcastle one will be required.

I think MP has rotated really well up to now and hopefully we can now stay clear of serious injuries for the run in and cup deciders it promises to be the most exciting time for us as City supporters I can ever remember. Am I the only one who feels really giddy (full of trepidation of course but giddy none the less).

Kinkys Left Foot said:
The only black mark in the whole shebang is the Nasri Injury and even that might contain a silver lining!
We're approaching the critical moments of the season and i've had a long hard look at the fixture list as i'm sure most blues have and it's bloody daunting if we stay in competitions until the final stages and we'll need every one of our squad. It will mean playing nearly every 3 days until the end of the season and god only knows when we can fit in the derby match at Old Trafford now we're going to Wembley in the Capital One Cup.
It seems to me MP has got Garcia playing the way he wants and has been hugely improved over the last few games, i'm not sure if it's because he's had a run of games or he's finally settled down.

Over the last couple of weeks we've broke Aguerro back in from injury and he's notched in all 3 games like he's never been away. Micah and Rodwell seem to have recovered from their hammy (for now, please let their recovery be long term) and the truly invisable man Jovetic has finally got back in and got some playing time (hopefully more to come) I have a sneeky feeling SJ might be a bit special when he's up and running.
Brilliant to see young Marcos Lopes have a great game and hope to see a bit more of him he looks ready to be introduced slowly but surely and may give us another option.

By the time the League Cup is out of the way we will have played Spurs away and Chelsea at home as well as Barca, Sunderland, Norwich and Stoke, no reason we can't stay unbeaten through those but it's looking a bit too far in front for now. Hopefully Samir will be just about ready and we should have a full squad raring to go with a few who are still relatively fresh. Then we look forward to Barca away and two crunch matches with the Scousers at Anfield and the Arse at the Emirates which I think will decide where we finish in the League 1st or 2nd. Performances the like of the Newcastle one will be required.

I think MP has rotated really well up to now and hopefully we can now stay clear of serious injuries for the run in and cup deciders it promises to be the most exciting time for us as City supporters I can ever remember. Am I the only one who feels really giddy (full of trepidation of course but giddy none the less).
Good post, and I highlighted that bit because its the most important bit, I'm not a great fan of rotation, never have been, I know its necessary, but I've seen it bugger other clubs. The way MP has managed it all over recent weeks, is nothing short of brilliant, he's managed to not only rotate players, but make them hungry to play, so when we use our second string players, they are now performing, even Boyata tonight looked keen to impress. Garcia looks like a new player, Lopes brought in and performed.

I'd say the squad rotation has been managed perfectly, to the point where we have virtually everyone fit, hopefully Negredo's shoulder will be OK, and that only leaves Nasri's knee. Not only that but he's managed the keeper situation extremely well, so we now have 2 good keepers, who are both on form.

Its a small thing but I think one of the keys to rotation is to not have a first team for PL and then a team of stiffs for games like last night. Makes the stiffs feel like a stiff who are only needed for the smaller games. Last night you had Aguero, Negredo, Fernandinho, Clichy and AK all getting time and all considered to be part of the "best" team setup. So for the stiffs it feels like a strong team and they are part of it. Its only really Kompany, Yaya and Silva who are considered untouchable due to lack of cover and are kept out of these games. Every other position really has two good options.

This keeps everyone involved, hungry and honest. They've seen a good run of form will get you in the PL side (Garcia over Fernandinho last week, AK over Clichy, Dzeko) and poor form will get you out (Hart, Clichy, Nastasic). Its the perfect system as it gets the most out of the squad which is the only way to compete on all fronts.

Interestingly, our best players have played less PL minutes than Chelsea and Arsenals, and our squad players have more minutes than their squad players... And by some margin. Bodes well for the end of season where we should be a little bit fresher, and crucially, our squad players that much sharper.

When he has a large and talented squad, a manager's lot is made easier, and rotation accepted, with a congested fixture list.

At least with Lopes we still have 4 players to rotate in those positions if need be (Silva, Navas, Milner, Lopes).

Great OP. We're reaching the sharp end of the season, in four competitions and only now do we have a full squad ( bar Nasri) to choose from. Brilliant management.

Our momentum is key to the whole thing. I look at the clubs around us and I don't fear any of them. The difference is that they will be fearing us, and I include Barca in that. Like the big kid picking a fight on the school newbie, looking at him and thinking 'fuck, wish i'd not bothered with this lunatic, he's going to tear me a new arsehole'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.