HR/Work issue

We are a huge International company and this isn’t about money, it’s about them screwing individuals over.

Staff under me have got over 6% and rightly so. They work hard and they contribute to my success and but for them, I wouldn’t be where I am and I wouldn’t have earned my £1000 kicker. Everyone else has got 2%, again deserved as we have all worked like fuck over the covid lockdowns as branches have remained open and often having to deal with staff shortages due to infections whilst back office and head office etc all got to work from home, lucky them.

1st year pissed me off but I’d been promoted so took it on the chin, this time they can fuck off. I’d be better off doing the bare minimum and not being a manager!
Another kick in the teeth for my husband was after all the promises they brought in another contracts supervisor and asked my husband to train him up because he had no experience with the field of work. He found out this guy was on £5k more. All my husband got all day was calls from contractors and sites all day complaining how shit at his job and rude this guy was. After my husband left he only stayed another 8 months and he left.

so;
1) relate the above to your boss. If you get no change then
2) relate the above to your boss's boss. If you get no change then
3) Speak to the relevant HR Manager. If you get no change then
4) Raise a formal grievance quoting your contract of employment, relevant policies etc
5) Whilst waiting for the above to resolve itself (or perhas in advance of the above) test the market - what are your chances of getting a similarly paid position
6) Claim breach of contract/unlawful deduction of wages and submit application to ET
ET?
Won’t you get sent home?

Not sure about the Covid one. The second I would say are separate rises. A performance related rise should not mean you don’t get the annual cost of living rise given to all employees. But I guess it depends what’s in your contract? Do you know if it says anything about a performance rise cancel an annual rise. I’d be surprised if it does.

Not sure about the Covid one. The second I would say are separate rises. A performance related rise should not mean you don’t get the annual cost of living rise given to all employees. But I guess it depends what’s in your contract? Do you know if it says anything about a performance rise cancel an annual rise. I’d be surprised if it does.

It says nothing. My kicker was agreed with senior management and as I said wasn’t guaranteed, I had to both perform and work my arse off for it.

The thanks is I now don’t get the cost of living rise and honestly I’m thinking of telling them to fucking shove it and I will go back on the HGV.

It says nothing. My kicker was agreed with senior management and as I said wasn’t guaranteed, I had to both perform and work my arse off for it.

The thanks is I now don’t get the cost of living rise and honestly I’m thinking of telling them to fucking shove it and I will go back on the HGV.
I would say don’t cut your nose off. Is it worth it for the amount? Consider work/life balance and conditions. You might feel good about it when you fuck them off but will you in three months? Can you get away with kicking back to make up for the kick in the teeth? Don’t do anything too hasty. Consider everything.

Any HR minds that could help with a couple of issues?

1. company policy states any positive covid test means you have to go home and can not work. Mind self isolation is no longer a legal requirement, you do as you are told, go home and then get told you are not being paid because you are off sick. Yes, technically you are but you have been sent home as per policy. Should you get paid and is there a legal stance you could take on this?

2. Company issues a 2% pay rise. You then don’t get it and get told you had a pay rise less than 12 months before. You tell them you had a contracted performance related pay rise as you met pre set performance conditions so why should you then be penalised by not getting what everyone else is? Again, tough shit or can you legally fight this?

Thanks in advance.
2. You mentioned the increase in pay of £1000 for hitting targets etc. Does this exceed the 2% annual pay increase? You'd expect that if it doesn't, then you are entitled to an uplift that then reflects the 2% that the rest of the business has had.

Always be careful with £ pay increases, as the cash differentials will likely be worse off than those that are taking a % increase, which could be the case here.

Just doing a bit of quick maths, you'd only be better off taking the 2% pay increase as opposed to the £1000 if you were on less than £50,000 prior to the uplift

Have you got any further context? These people that got 6%, how does that compare to your £1000 in % terms?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.