HR/Work issue

so;
1) relate the above to your boss. If you get no change then
2) relate the above to your boss's boss. If you get no change then
3) Speak to the relevant HR Manager. If you get no change then
4) Raise a formal grievance quoting your contract of employment, relevant policies etc
5) Whilst waiting for the above to resolve itself (or perhas in advance of the above) test the market - what are your chances of getting a similarly paid position
6) Claim breach of contract/unlawful deduction of wages and submit application to ET

I am now going to stage 4 as of Monday.

so;
1) relate the above to your boss. If you get no change then
2) relate the above to your boss's boss. If you get no change then
3) Speak to the relevant HR Manager. If you get no change then
4) Raise a formal grievance quoting your contract of employment, relevant policies etc
5) Whilst waiting for the above to resolve itself (or perhas in advance of the above) test the market - what are your chances of getting a similarly paid position
6) Claim breach of contract/unlawful deduction of wages and submit application to ET
Then, if all else fails, follow @snorky's advice.

My 2p. I wouldn’t bother going to an employment tribunal for a small percentage pay rise. I’d be actively looking for another job where you are treated properly not like a piece of shit where you are now. What industry are you in?

Same as above. they're probably used to getting away with this sort of thing. Like in the care industry, get covid and you're off with no pay except ssp.

I got out, I am in a job with a union, and I hate unions! But my god the employment scene is totally against the worker now I am out of IT. I cant believe corporations and employers have gotten things sewn up this much.

Get out, if you're good they will miss you.

My 2p. I wouldn’t bother going to an employment tribunal for a small percentage pay rise. I’d be actively looking for another job where you are treated properly not like a piece of shit where you are now. What industry are you in?

I won’t go that far and as you say, I will just walk.

Luckily I always have my HGV to fall back to even though it’s a shit job, it’s guaranteed work so I’m not getting bent over and shafted again.

Any HR minds that could help with a couple of issues?

1. company policy states any positive covid test means you have to go home and can not work. Mind self isolation is no longer a legal requirement, you do as you are told, go home and then get told you are not being paid because you are off sick. Yes, technically you are but you have been sent home as per policy. Should you get paid and is there a legal stance you could take on this?

2. Company issues a 2% pay rise. You then don’t get it and get told you had a pay rise less than 12 months before. You tell them you had a contracted performance related pay rise as you met pre set performance conditions so why should you then be penalised by not getting what everyone else is? Again, tough shit or can you legally fight this?

Thanks in advance.
They sound like cunts. I suggest job search, get new job, give 2 days notice at old firm.

Seriously my husband's old firm promised him a rise and promotion, strung him along for about 12 months then when he asked what was going on they said sorry we can't afford it. He'd been there from the age of 16 and loved the company but it was a lot of work and the pay didn't reflect in the market. He was so reluctant to move but I encouraged him to apply for jobs in his sector and he got a job at a rival company for a lot more than he was on and a more senior role. That was over 2 years ago and he's much happier now.

If you are unhappy, frustrated and feel undervalued then see what's out there. You can look have interviews, you don't have to 100% commit but it's worth doing

I guess it all come down to what the company state in their procedures, have you asked for a copy?

We are a huge International company and this isn’t about money, it’s about them screwing individuals over.

Staff under me have got over 6% and rightly so. They work hard and they contribute to my success and but for them, I wouldn’t be where I am and I wouldn’t have earned my £1000 kicker. Everyone else has got 2%, again deserved as we have all worked like fuck over the covid lockdowns as branches have remained open and often having to deal with staff shortages due to infections whilst back office and head office etc all got to work from home, lucky them.

1st year pissed me off but I’d been promoted so took it on the chin, this time they can fuck off. I’d be better off doing the bare minimum and not being a manager!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.