HRH Prince Philip - Passed Away

I have really enjoyed the coverage and hearing about his life. The funeral will be very interesting at weekend.
I think so. I appreciate and understand the anti-monarchy / republic argument, but not sure there is much class or dignity in using a persons death as a platform for it.

The Dukes death is a biggie and I have to admit to being a bit of a monarchist(I don't buy the commemorative mugs and plates though) but I can see how people can think there has been overkill taking over the BBC channels the way it has.

The old fella didn't want a fuss by all accounts, either way people can get back to watching Britain's got cakes or reruns of Whickers World now without lurching for the telephone and phoning the fat controller at beeb HQ.

I have no problem with 24 hour coverage, if it was on one channel, but across the whole of the BBC was OTT.
Didn't bother me in the least I watched what I wanted of it and when I got fed up I put a different channel on, which wasn't another channel showing same thing there's loads to choose from these days.

I have no problem with 24 hour coverage, if it was on one channel, but across the whole of the BBC was OTT.
It was the BBC telling the great British public that it is immoral to watch normal TV rather than let them make their own mind up and keep normal programming on their other channel.

I did find it quite amusing that given all the hoo-ha over the exposure of women’s football that the bbc dropped live coverage of England women to run a test card. The next time the BBC push ladies football and lecture about sexism it will fall on deaf ears.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.