Huddersfield(A) Post Match Thread

THe
I'm a Huddersfield fan.

For only the second time I'm going to post on an opposing club's message board just to correct the frankly insane and factually incorrect view from a fair few on here that we have a number of "glory hunter" supporters and that half our crowd are only here for the Premier league.

Re the first point if you've a sliver of intelligence or an IQ nudging into double figures you'd surely plainly see the absurdity of saying a Huddersfield supporter could be a glory hunter. 45 years outside the top flight not even a cup quarter final in that time. If they are glory hunters they are pretty bl***y sh8*te at it.

Re our attendance rise (which a few have quoted) this is clearly primarily down to our Chairman's forward thinking view on pricing.

The gate for our first game last season (following if you recall a season when we finished 19th - our 4th consecutive bottom 9 finish - mainly lower - and following eleven seasons in the third division, when we were many pundits tip to finish bottom and in the holiday period) was 18,479. When holiday season finished that rose again so that for the majority of the season we had comfortably more than 20k. In the championship remember and with very very few people giving us much chance of promotion.

So it is just plainly wrong to say half of the crowd have only just arrived for the PL.

We have something very good going at Huddersfield at present. A unity between Club and fans not experienced for a long time (if ever). A greatly improved atmosphere that seems to be the envy of the PL at present (judging by comments in the media and press).

Not sure why anyone would want to knock that. However if you do at least try and be factually correct

The shit and abuse that our club, players and fans got on Sunday was a fucking disgrace. And all that from a club that was getting 50% of the fans in 14/15 and 15/16 v what it is getting now. Shall I go back a few more years? Everyone around me on Sunday was giving it the “where were you when you were shit”, well when we were shit our attendances went up, yours is the other way round. You may have been loyal, but about half weren’t, so if you give it out then fucking take it. City have a history of (a) under achievement and (b) loyalty, these are the things we do best, and the fucking knobs who sing the where were you when you were shit need to understand that[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
As dull as it is to watch I really can't blame clubs like Huddersfield for taking the approach they do, given their meagre resources ( relatively speaking) they have little option but to try stop us playing.

It's when clubs that have the resources to compete take a similar approach to games as Huddersfield took the other day that it becomes a blight on the game.

I don't blame them, but they weren't pro-actively trying to win the game. There are clubs across Europe even at the bottom end who try a bit harder to attack and win games with a tiny amount of the resources that Huddersfield have. It's the revenue which has created this fear and blighted our league, because owners would rather pocket the cash and managers live in fear of losing their jobs because they cost the club revenue by going down. It was hardly Dortmund inspired tight defending but counter-attack with gusto and real drive, it was "oh God, there are actually 2 of us up the pitch together, quick let's try and win a corner so we have an excuse to be up here". Understandable, but pitiful.

This poster appears better informed than most.

The fans group (now called Cowshed loyal) with help from the club have worked very hard together.

They were perhaps fortunate in that there was a section of the ground they could occupy together (the generally unused section of the away end) but the club also took the brave step of saying they would limit away supporters to the minimum so the group could stand together throughout the season despite the (initial) loss in revenue from away support.

City's atmosphere has dwindled badly. It will be hard to correct and will probably need the club's backing and possibly moving some fans from a section of the ground to enable the youngsters to congregate. This is a step (IMHO) you'd be well advised to take.

To be fair, the club have already done that for us - we got our own section when they reconfigured the away end after the South Stand 3rd tier expansion back in 2015. Plenty moved into it and bought into it but some moved into it with no intention of contributing to the atmosphere despite us making it clear what it was all about. We have displays of one kind or another most games and even when we have nothing specific planned display-wise, we roll out the huge telescopic flags every match. Apart from one or two lingering issues, the club have been as helpful with us as yours have with you. Banner-wise, we have free reign to do what we want (as long as it's nothing too insulting or derogatory) and we're not restricted to any particular size for our banners.

Despite all the criticism that the club are losing touch with the core support (and I'd agree that in some areas they definitely are), it's difficult to find too much fault with them on this particular issue. The atmosphere, on the whole, in that section isn't too bad at all but it could be better and unlike at Huddersfield, it's harder to get the rest of the ground to join in.

To be fair, the club have already done that for us .....Plenty moved into it and bought into it but some moved into it with no intention of contributing to the atmosphere despite us making it clear what it was all about.

The atmosphere, on the whole, in that section isn't too bad at all but it could be better and unlike at Huddersfield, it's harder to get the rest of the ground to join in.

Thanks for the reply.

Disappointing that some fans have scuppered the group's efforts to get atmosphere going (not sure what is in the heads of people going in those sections to experience rather than create the atmosphere - although our group also complained about it for a while so it may get better).

Re the rest of the ground, not sure some of your support will like to hear this but the factor that has made the difference really is the clappers. People who normally wouldn't make a noise are now doing so and once there is some sort of noise then it soon escalates.

TBH I can't understand why people are against clappers. I know you shouldn't need them to make a noise but it's also clear without them there is less noise.

Your club has embraced "fan-cams" and TV images of the players leaving the team bus (which are much more "tin-pot" to me) not sure why some would be so against clappers.

The shit and abuse that our club, players and fans got on Sunday was a fucking disgrace.

Wow strong words. Hope you calm down soon.

TBH I'm surprised a City fan could get so wound up about comments (so long as that is all it was) from Huddersfield fans (you've got ten exceptionally good responses to be made).

The cleansing and sanitisation of City seems to have gone further than I imagined. I bet it was a Girl guide's outing compared to the trips we made to Moss side in the 1980's.

Wow strong words. Hope you calm down soon.

TBH I'm surprised a City fan could get so wound up about comments (so long as that is all it was) from Huddersfield fans (you've got ten exceptionally good responses to be made).

The cleansing and sanitisation of City seems to have gone further than I imagined. I bet it was a Girl guide's outing compared to the trips we made to Moss side in the 1980's.
I have previously said that the atmosphere in terms of volume was very good on Sunday (I would estimate something like 60% of the fans making noise for about 80% of the time; at home we manage more like 10% and 30% would be my guess), but when you have been doing it for 30 years and selling your ground out in the lower divisions might be a better time for the where were you when you were shit nonsense

To be fair, the club have already done that for us - we got our own section when they reconfigured the away end after the South Stand 3rd tier expansion back in 2015. Plenty moved into it and bought into it but some moved into it with no intention of contributing to the atmosphere despite us making it clear what it was all about. We have displays of one kind or another most games and even when we have nothing specific planned display-wise, we roll out the huge telescopic flags every match. Apart from one or two lingering issues, the club have been as helpful with us as yours have with you. Banner-wise, we have free reign to do what we want (as long as it's nothing too insulting or derogatory) and we're not restricted to any particular size for our banners.

Despite all the criticism that the club are losing touch with the core support (and I'd agree that in some areas they definitely are), it's difficult to find too much fault with them on this particular issue. The atmosphere, on the whole, in that section isn't too bad at all but it could be better and unlike at Huddersfield, it's harder to get the rest of the ground to join in.
Fair play to what the 1894 group have done, you have worked your bollocks off on trying to improve the atmosphere. I join in from the family stand, but tend to get a lot of funny looks, although to be fair I have a shite singing voice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.