Huddersfield (A) Post Match Thread

We were poor but three points are three points ... haven’t timed changed - a 3 - 0 win away from home and I think we were poor - happy times - come on City.

Certainly, I was frustrated through most of it and yet we weren’t challenged at all.

The good thing is Pep will put a rocket up their arses for that performance but we haven’t lost anything.

Turn down a pen against Salah or give one against them & it's murders in the media. Give them a soft pen, nobody cares, they are entitled to it. In our case, it's almost peferable to stitch us up as 'we don't deserve anything'.

You saw in Rudds article in the Times yesterday, the narrative now is dont blame Salah for being a diving cheat, blame the defender for having the temerity to attempt taking the ball off him in the box.

Ok Rudd, so he either gets a free shot at goal or he gets a penalty anyway yes?

Fucking Liverpool fans pmsl.

It is not the fact we won that is a concern but the half arsed performance.

Vincent Kompany said after we won the PL last season that he would watch how the players responded this season as he had seen a dropping off of standards after the previous two PL's that we won.

Huddersfield were awful and looked lost without Wagner on the touchline, and looking at Pep he looked as bored as the rest of us.

Pressing was almost non-existent and the passing was awful, we have come a long way since the "Bad Old Days" but that display was definitely sub-standard.

good win, never easy to play against a team that have just got rid of their manager.
Good atmosphere as well.

Job done against a team fighting for their lives. Not pretty and a lot were below par. A successful season is one that you still win when you play poorly and 3-0 away from home is a great result. Two small concerns for me are the regression of Walker who looks like he's forgotten how to play fullback in particular stopping crosses and Delph, who for me is not able to play in the centre and almost gifted another goal. I would rather have seen Foden who has both better first touch and is more suited to the style we play - I guess Pep wants to give minutes to all the squad this week.

We were poor but three points are three points ... haven’t timed changed - a 3 - 0 win away from home and I think we were poor - happy times - come on City.

I dont think you can call the over all pervormance poor.i know you think we were below our very best...but the 'champions elect' only scraped past brighton by a single goal.......today,...City still managed to conjure up several passing movements of the highest quality,sweet,fluid,quick passing movements which worked the ball swiftly from defence to attack/goal scoring posistions....i watched in a pub with neutral fans,who with me,...on several occasions...literally gasped at the quality of football on show ...so,imo,i think you are a bit harsh with calling us poor.
Huddersfield,were fighting tooth and nail tactically...and we ran out 3nil winners.....an upgrade on last seasons performance maybe,where it was left to a last min goal from Raheem to save our bacon.
Ask Huddersfields players,management and fans if they thought Manchester City were 'poor' today......i can guess their answer.....

On reflection you’re right ... I should have said not at our best.

Not great by our standards but would have taken a "shit" 3-0 win before kick off. Think we could have absolutely pummeled them if we could have been arsed, we only seemed to need to increase the tempo for literally a few seconds to score. Highlight for me was Otamendi trying to hook the ball clear when it was sailing about 20 yards over his head.

My first post on here of which I hope to be the first of many :)

Quick question first what was the booing of Delph for yesterday ?

Jamie Redknapp is some tool.Intimating that Sterling did not get the penalty decision because he got a penalty at Huddersfield last season. WTF ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.