Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play our best 11 and you think we will struggle - based on what exactly?
Based on the fact that we are away to the most in-form side in England who will have a full stadium. People regualrly get crucified for suggesting that we will easily beat PL teams like Bournemouth and Crystal Palace. Well, right now Huddersfield are better than either of those. Yes I think we'll win, but it won't be a 4-0 thrashing. Probably not, anyway.

Come on now, it would be a major upset regardless of how good a Championship side they are.

We get this same bullshit in every pre-match thread where seasoned City fans come in and collectively wet the bed with fears of our side losing to all kinds of lesser opposition and it's beyond ridiculous. I don't underestimate Huddersfield for a second, and they'll give us a good game, but let's be realistic here.
We'll see tomorrow mate.
If we play a full strength team, or something close to it, then we'll likely win but it's no guarantee. It all depends if we show up and with a full stadium against THE form side in England right now it will be tough.

If we play Nolito, Aleix García, Fernando, Delph, Clichy, Iheanacho, Navas... all good players, don't get me wrong, but they haven't played much recently, let alone together. Mentality plays a huge part here too. We are expected to win this game but the Huddersfield players will be confident they can put up a fight.

We all (myself included) expected to breeze past Leicester is all I'm saying. Yes we're better than them and have been all season, but on the night they turned up (for twenty minutes at least) and we couldn't match them.

It's difficult to predict what Peps line up will be, but considering we play Monaco next week I think he'll make a lot of changes.
Bravo
Zabaleta Kompany Otamendi Clichy
Fernando Delph
Navas Garcia Nolito
Aguero

It's difficult to predict what Peps line up will be, but considering we play Monaco next week I think he'll make a lot of changes.
Bravo
Zabaleta Kompany Otamendi Clichy
Fernando Delph
Navas Garcia Nolito
Aguero

I'll be livid if we play that side. Huddersfield are in form, at home and will raise their game. If we don't take the game seriously we'll come unstuck. We're probably not going to win the Champs Lge, and the title will be tough, but we could still win the FA Cup, if we respect the opposition and try to win with a strong team in each round.

The side above in my opinion isn't strong enough to win this game.

Strongest available XI, let's try and win the cup!

Really difficult one to pick is this.

..............Cabellero

Zaba.....Kompany......Stones....Clichy

..............Fernando

Navas....Delph....Garcia........Nolito

...............Kelechi

Probably wont be it, but I'd rest Sane and Sterling.

Would maybe need De Bruyne or Silva for some creativity.

Fernandinho will probably feature due to not having a huge workload recently.

This then Monaco followed by 12 days off with warm weather training in Abu Dhabi.

Balls out for the next two games please.

Really difficult one to pick is this.

..............Cabellero

Zaba.....Kompany......Stones....Clichy

..............Fernando

Navas....Delph....Garcia........Nolito

...............Kelechi

Probably wont be it, but I'd rest Sane and Sterling.

Would maybe need De Bruyne or Silva for some creativity.

Fernandinho will probably feature due to not having a huge workload recently.

This then Monaco followed by 12 days off with warm weather training in Abu Dhabi.

Balls out for the next two games please.
That midfield looks too much like the one that started at the swamp in the League Cup, fuck all creativity and we will certainly need it against Huddersfield. One of Silva or KDB must at least start the game, take whichever it is off after an hour or so if we look comfortable.

That midfield looks too much like the one that started at the swamp in the League Cup, fuck all creativity and we will certainly need it against Huddersfield. One of Silva or KDB must at least start the game, take whichever it is off after an hour or so if we look comfortable.

I completely agree and I did point to this a bit further down.

I think a game like this should be squeezed in on a Fri night if possible and that includes Huddersfield's fixtures.

The FA should want to give an English club every opportunity possible.

I do agree with you that we might need David or Kevin for creativity.

Has no one picked up on the fact vinnie hasnt trained today ? (no sign of him on training video or pics) and Pep said in presser some players have small problems. My guess is he's injured again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.