Huddersfield (H) Pre Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by David 'El Mago' Silva, 13 Aug 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David 'El Mago' Silva

David 'El Mago' Silva

Ederson
    Walker
    Stones
    Laporte
    Mendy
    Fernandinho
    De Bruyne
    B Silva
    Sterling
    Mahrez
    Aguero

2. Stockton Heath Blue

Stockton Heath Blue

I never thought I'd see the day when we had a 1st 11 that didn't include Kompany or David Silva - I know they had WC and all that but still freaks me out.

Armaan likes this.
  3. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Sané to definitely start next week

4. richards30

richards30

ederson
    walker
    stones
    laporte
    mendy
    dinho
    de bruyne
    bernardo
    sterling
    sane
    aguero

5. Gabriel

Gabriel

Not sure how many changes we’ll make, as Guardiola will have a job managing fitness levels and game sharpness. Those players who took less rest after the WC will have to be rested at some point, otherwise they’ll be jaded later in the season, whereas those resting now will need to regain their sharpness at some point, and hopefully not all at once.

These are the games where we should be striving to get three goals clear as fast as possible and then allow 3 subs maximum game time.

The Riot Club likes this.
  6. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Early goal needed for us so at least them playing a flat back 9 will just be about our goal difference.

Much as I like their manager they were a disgrace (and yes I know they're limited) in both games last season.

7. Mr. Wednesday

Mr. Wednesday

The game at their place was probably the most extreme example of bus parking I think I've ever seen. Basically made no attempt to move out of their defensive third in any way.

After being brushed aside by Chelsea they will probably be even more defensive. Hopefully City can break through early on or it could be a frustrating day. Be interesting to see Pep's tactics for this one.

8. ancoats

ancoats

we must go 2 up top in aguero jesus at home vs huddersfield and drop gundogan from the hold midfield you don't need 2 in there at home and play KDB and B.silva together and sane or sterling or mahrez wide and fernandinho holding and the 2 centrebacks defending with both mendy and walker wing backs

the big thing is the options pep has this season and not only mendy being back B.silva looks a new player in the D.silva role also the bench is going to be so strong, so the options we have make us better this season and rotation will be used more and like yesterday the team played without big players and still looked the part

Armaan likes this.
  9. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

We should be able to win this one, and I think we might even see three at the back.

Ederson
    Kompany
    Stones
    Laporte
    Walker
    De Bruyne
    Fernandinho
    Bernardo
    Mendy
    Aguero
    Sterling

10. Agueroooooo16