Laporte
Mendy
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
B Silva
Sterling
Mahrez
Aguero

Not sure how many changes we’ll make, as Guardiola will have a job managing fitness levels and game sharpness. Those players who took less rest after the WC will have to be rested at some point, otherwise they’ll be jaded later in the season, whereas those resting now will need to regain their sharpness at some point, and hopefully not all at once.

These are the games where we should be striving to get three goals clear as fast as possible and then allow 3 subs maximum game time.

Early goal needed for us so at least them playing a flat back 9 will just be about our goal difference.

Much as I like their manager they were a disgrace (and yes I know they're limited) in both games last season.

The game at their place was probably the most extreme example of bus parking I think I've ever seen. Basically made no attempt to move out of their defensive third in any way.

After being brushed aside by Chelsea they will probably be even more defensive. Hopefully City can break through early on or it could be a frustrating day. Be interesting to see Pep's tactics for this one.

we must go 2 up top in aguero jesus at home vs huddersfield and drop gundogan from the hold midfield you don't need 2 in there at home and play KDB and B.silva together and sane or sterling or mahrez wide and fernandinho holding and the 2 centrebacks defending with both mendy and walker wing backs

the big thing is the options pep has this season and not only mendy being back B.silva looks a new player in the D.silva role also the bench is going to be so strong, so the options we have make us better this season and rotation will be used more and like yesterday the team played without big players and still looked the part

We should be able to win this one, and I think we might even see three at the back.

Ederson
Kompany
Stones
Laporte
Walker
De Bruyne
Fernandinho
Bernardo
Mendy
Aguero
Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.