Huddersfield (H) Pre Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep said on his Sky launch show thing they've been working on how to break down teams that play 5-4-1. This will be one of those games so will be interesting to see what the plan is.

Also think we might see three at the back in this.

Think @MarsLlama has it spot on there. Despite form/goals, I don't know if we'll see David for Bernardo for his creative angle and Jesus for Sterling for his link up and poaching.

Not sure how many changes we’ll make, as Guardiola will have a job managing fitness levels and game sharpness. Those players who took less rest after the WC will have to be rested at some point, otherwise they’ll be jaded later in the season, whereas those resting now will need to regain their sharpness at some point, and hopefully not all at once.

These are the games where we should be striving to get three goals clear as fast as possible and then allow 3 subs maximum game time.
We had great difficulty getting more than one goal ahead of them last season so any win will do nicely. I fully agree that rotation will be crucial this season to prevent post WC burnout. That in mind it will be a surprise if Sane is not given more game time in the coming weeks although it does appear that his head is out at the moment.

------------------Ederson
Walker ------Stones---Laporte------Mendy
---------------Fernandinho--------------
-------De Bruyne ----B Silva-------------
Mahrez---------Gabby------------Sterling

Delph,Aguero,Kompany,Sane,Foden,D Silva

We had great difficulty getting more than one goal ahead of them last season so any win will do nicely. I fully agree that rotation will be crucial this season to prevent post WC burnout. That in mind it will be a surprise if Sane is not given more game time in the coming weeks although it does appear that his head is out at the moment.

The latter is why we bought Mahrez, he will keep Sterling and Sane on their toes as he can play either side. Thought Sterling had a decent game yesterday and Mahrez seems to be adapting well so both will probably start with Sane being the impact option. Sane will get more time once we bed in and can mix it up a bit. It's interesting because the 3 of them play in the same place but give Pep very different options.

I would also play Aguero for this one, it is so important he gets off the mark as soon as possible. Jesus is a different player for me, more of a poacher and scores less but he doesn't need form whilst I think Aguero does.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy
Dinho
KDB
Mahrez/bernardo
Sterling
Jesus
Aguero

i'm reminded of the pre-match thread against these lot back in April/May......shudder. the amount of calls to break the 10-1 record.

anyway, early season stuff so i expect a little rotation and concentrate on getting 3 points.

This could be 1-0 to City, or many, many more than that. I'm thinking the latter, so I will plump up my monday cushions and go 6-0.

Seems difficult to predict,
the posts already suggest line-ups of 4-3-3, 3-5-2 and even @ancoats 4-3-4, which would be a new system.

Pep said he has made up his mind about deep sitters such as Hudds. Will be interesting to see the outcome.

We have to create space by quick surprise movements and must not overload targeted areas by our own players.
I think the change of tempo and movement/passing speed are more important than the setup per se.

Also interesting to see what happens after a lead: try to pull the defending team out for more space or go on unchanged.

If David Silva is fit he should play.

Kdb as well to replace Ilky

Possibly give Delph some time on the pitch as well (from the bench) as at some point this season we are going to need him.

Pep said on his Sky launch show thing they've been working on how to break down teams that play 5-4-1. This will be one of those games so will be interesting to see what the plan is.

Pep said he has made up his mind about deep sitters such as Hudds. Will be interesting to see the outcome.
Yeah I am curious to see what Pep has got up his sleeve. Maybe a 3-5-2 with Aguero AND Jesus as some have suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.