Hughes at Stoke

Puppet Master Silva

It's not taken Mark Hughes long to make a lasting impression on the Stoke fans...

<a class="postlink" href="http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/226014/wtf-hughes-out" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thr ... hughes-out</a>

Brought Guidetti on with a minute to go whilst chasing the game. Moron.

Stoke in real strife.

Once again Leslie is showing he cannot manage in the premiership these days.

The game has gone past him.

Anyone remember Charlton ? They were desperate to get rid of Curbishley as they thought they could do much better in the league. Where are they now ?

Stoke are going the same way. As Palace rise so Stoke plummet.

mancity111 said:
Stoke in real strife.

Think thats the point with a few managers in the premier league - the game is changing and they are unable to adapt and keep pace with the changes.

I think a lot of outsiders thought he didn't fit with City coz he was a Rag- it was simply that he wasn't good enough.

bluethrunthru said:
mancity111 said:
Stoke in real strife.

Think thats the point with a few managers in the premier league - the game is changing and they are unable to adapt and keep pace with the changes.

I think a lot of outsiders thought he didn't fit with City coz he was a Rag- it was simply that he wasn't good enough.

Good player but like a lot of good players they don't make good managers.

If you look at the top managers most of them didn't set the world on fire during their playing days.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Hughesless taking Stoke down.

Stoke fans wanted Pulis put. Bit ironic if he keeps Palace up and Stoke go down..

Pulis is really good with a team like Palace, there are very few managers around that can do what he's doing with them at the moment. I think Stoke wanted to take a step up, start playing a nicer brand of football and maybe move up a few league places. Unfortunately they thought Hughes was the man to do that.

I didn't want Hughes sacked by City. I wanted him to be given more time.

I was wrong.

His spell at Blackburn was his peak and since then its been all down hill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.