Hughes - I AM A BIG NAME [Merged]

Re: Our Manager

some fans say,it was better in the 2nd division it was more fun!!! go and follow Stockport then,they need you now!!!!!

When I read some of the stuff people have written on other threads I do genuinley think they would be happier back in the dark ages of 10 years ago. My views on Hughes have changed through out the season I am firmly now in the give him another year group. The squad was seriously unbalanced when Hughes took over, needed strength in the midfield Kompany De Jong we needed a decent left back Bridge. Addded on to this Robinho the stunning form of Stevie Ireland Nedum has look great at Centre Back Shay Given has saved us a fair few points in his short time here. All in all Hughes has improved the squad his signings have been spot on apart from Ben Haim. People may use Jo as well but he was coming regardless. People forget we didn't really have the money to spend when Hughes took over (we didn't realise Frank was skint) it was only when ADUG came in end of September we got the chance to sign Robinho.

So Hughes started with the squad that finished the previous season with an awful run in plus 2 or 3. since the Jan window shut his other new signings have bedded in we have improved and looked a good side playing with heart and passion. People forget we got into Europe via the back door we got the fair play place because the teams that finished above us in the Fair Play league where already in Europe so to say qualification is a must this year is a bit unfair with all the changes behind the scenes we where always likely to move sideways that upwards.

Also people keep banging on about the £100 million point being a lot of that was spent in Jan and seeing as clubs are aware of our wealth the price of any player instantly goes up. As I said before all the Jan signings have improved what we had. Given a summer of some more additions I would expect we will be top 6 next year. I was a Hughes Out myself but beginning to get it and also beginning to like it I am 31 yes thats right I have NEVER seen City win a top flight honour but if Hughes is given time I can see that coming to an end within 2 or 3 seasons

Re: HUGHES - I AM A BIG NAME

As an ex, United player he is, as a Manager he has a long way to go yet. Good article but I don't like the way he talks my club down all the time. Although we might be starting at the bottom that just seems a negative approach to me.

Don't think he talks us down....just being realistic and not getting carried away.

"One of the things I realised when I came here was that there were not enough things in place to enable this club to be successful in the future...[I'm honest enough to admit that] it has taken longer than I expected to change that. We are trying to get the message out that, unlike other clubs, we are starting from the ground level. Maybe people don't want to hear that, though, because it's easier to put pressure on our situation if those things aren't highlighted."

Fair enough for me. I can understand many thinking Hughes is behaving like Scotty (Star Trek) in painting as poor a picture as possible. On the other hand, for years many of us have been concerned about things behind-the-scenes, the club spirit, and so on: a new training facility and gym might be seen as allegorical.

"...it has taken longer than I expected to change that."

I'd love to know details.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
When I read some of the stuff people have written on other threads I do genuinley think they would be happier back in the dark ages of 10 years ago. My views on Hughes have changed through out the season I am firmly now in the give him another year group. The squad was seriously unbalanced when Hughes took over, needed strength in the midfield Kompany De Jong we needed a decent left back Bridge. Addded on to this Robinho the stunning form of Stevie Ireland Nedum has look great at Centre Back Shay Given has saved us a fair few points in his short time here. All in all Hughes has improved the squad his signings have been spot on apart from Ben Haim. People may use Jo as well but he was coming regardless. People forget we didn't really have the money to spend when Hughes took over (we didn't realise Frank was skint) it was only when ADUG came in end of September we got the chance to sign Robinho.

So Hughes started with the squad that finished the previous season with an awful run in plus 2 or 3. since the Jan window shut his other new signings have bedded in we have improved and looked a good side playing with heart and passion. People forget we got into Europe via the back door we got the fair play place because the teams that finished above us in the Fair Play league where already in Europe so to say qualification is a must this year is a bit unfair with all the changes behind the scenes we where always likely to move sideways that upwards.

good post fella,what you said mirror my thoughts,we need to give him a chance,he has had 1 day and 4weeks in a difficult transfer window(jan) to get players in,judgement will b made after this summers dealings!!!
Also people keep banging on about the £100 million point being a lot of that was spent in Jan and seeing as clubs are aware of our wealth the price of any player instantly goes up. As I said before all the Jan signings have improved what we had. Given a summer of some more additions I would expect we will be top 6 next year. I was a Hughes Out myself but beginning to get it and also beginning to like it I am 31 yes thats right I have NEVER seen City win a top flight honour but if Hughes is given time I can see that coming to an end within 2 or 3 seasons

He's played for 3 of the 4 Champions League Semi Finalists. Pretty much known all around Europe. Big enough name for me.

Hamann Pineapple said:
He's played for 3 of the 4 Champions League Semi Finalists. Pretty much known all around Europe. Big enough name for me.

Which is far more of an achievement than that of that self-publicising, negative tactician of a translator who cherry picks his clubs around Europe. Just before he arrives, JOSE OUT!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.