Hughes - I AM A BIG NAME [Merged]

Re: HUGHES - I AM A BIG NAME

Got to laugh at the people who think a big name manager this summer = top 4.

Our top 4 our begining to consistently show their amongst the top 8 in eurpoe and 2/3's of the top 4 in Europe (if it wasn't for the draw this year, likelihood could be yet another all English final).

So we get Mourinho in the summer, we finish 6th, do you want him out?

Whilst some may say Hughes has done nothing to merit another season (which i'd disagree with) i'd find it hard for any manager at this stage of development with our club to meet the needs of some on here.

One summer as billionaires and we should be challaenging the best the world has to offer weeek in week out... what a load of delusional rubbish.

GStar said:
Got to laugh at the people who think a big name manager this summer = top 4.

Our top 4 our begining to consistently show their amongst the top 8 in eurpoe and 2/3's of the top 4 in Europe (if it wasn't for the draw this year, likelihood could be yet another all English final).

So we get Mourinho in the summer, we finish 6th, do you want him out?

Whilst some may say Hughes has done nothing to merit another season (which i'd disagree with) i'd find it hard for any manager at this stage of development with our club to meet the needs of some on here.

One summer as billionaires and we should be challaenging the best the world has to offer weeek in week out... what a load of delusional rubbish.

again, as said previously, low aspirations.

let's pretend Jose takes over in June, spends £200 million on Kaka, Villa, Eto'o, Chiellini, Terry and Buffon and £50 million on 3 or 4 £10/12 million good squad players - do you not think we would finish in the top 4?

Rammy Blue said:

let's pretend Jose takes over in June, spends £200 million on Kaka, Villa, Eto'o, Chiellini, Terry and Buffon and £50 million on 3 or 4 £10/12 million good squad players - do you not think we would finish in the top 4?

No, not low aspirations... i could spend a shit load of money building what from the outside looked a really lavish building, yet inside the foundations are poor, there's faults in it and after a couple of years the stress put on it causes it to collapse... fat lot of good my fast tracking did there.

And again, dellusional if you think that Mourinho's name alone would bring those superstars to a club outside of the CL, face it, we got Robinho because he wanted out, anywhere, just out. Hopefully he see's the blessing he's got with us, but even then the chances of us getting those kind of names is slim to none.

Finally, if you want us to be a team of galacticos, loose our identity be a ground full of wandering tourists, condone diving, premadonna behaviour then we might as well go the whole hog and play in red. I'd rather see us build (3-5 years) gain the respect of the footballing world and have a platform on which to compete on european and domestic fronts for decades, i'd love to see academy players involved where possible and still have a team i can, in some small way, relate to as MCFC.

Real Madrid proved buying big names didnt equal success, so no, its not low asperations, its long term, high probability and imo, the best way to go about it.

GStar said:

Oh I don't know. Some of mankinds greatest achievements have been down to people who didn't listen to others saying it can't be done or its delusional. Its a mind set. You either have it or you ain't. I'd rather be inspired by a leader then live with the mind numbing negativity that Hughes brings to the table. I want this to be a mad, glorious ride that excites and awes me in equal measure. I would like us to be delusional as we would never know when we are beaten. And that kind of crazy mad thinking allied with virtually unlimited spending power and the rampant ego of a Mourinho in charge would scare the living f**k out of every team in Europe - and that would be half the battle won without a ball being kicked :)

BobKowalski said:
GStar said:

Oh I don't know. Some of mankinds greatest achievements have been down to people who didn't listen to others saying it can't be done or its delusional. Its a mind set. You either have it or you ain't. I'd rather be inspired by a leader then live with the mind numbing negativity that Hughes brings to the table. I want this to be a mad, glorious ride that excites and awes me in equal measure. I would like us to be delusional as we would never know when we are beaten. And that kind of crazy mad thinking allied with virtually unlimited spending power and the rampant ego of a Mourinho in charge would scare the living f**k out of every team in Europe - and that would be half the battle won without a ball being kicked :)

You rasie a valid piont, but i'd argue the people who "went against the grain" were gifted individuals, i'd say its much harder in a team environment to get 25 people pushing in exactly the same direction simoultaneously... theres always resistence to change, its human nature (see Elano and how he's finally come round to our thinking).

We've been told we can't buy superstars yet we've kept trying, we won't nor, imo, should we want the 11 biggest names in football, whilst we may have a mad glorious ride under Mourinho for a few seasons something would give, you can't sustain that kind of thinking and build long term. Whilst everyone around us are loosing thier heads Hughes is the one making sure everyone knows we've achieved absolutely nothing yet, that we're out ground level with the potential to reach the sky, i like that approach too, and its taken a while but the players are coming round to it... i'd hope to be a tthe top in 10 years time, where as a mad rollercoaster ride could perhaps see us back where we were just over a decade ago.

GStar said:
Rammy Blue said:

No, not low aspirations... i could spend a shit load of money building what from the outside looked a really lavish building, yet inside the foundations are poor, there's faults in it and after a couple of years the stress put on it causes it to collapse... fat lot of good my fast tracking did there.

And again, dellusional if you think that Mourinho's name alone would bring those superstars to a club outside of the CL, face it, we got Robinho because he wanted out, anywhere, just out. Hopefully he see's the blessing he's got with us, but even then the chances of us getting those kind of names is slim to none.

Finally, if you want us to be a team of galacticos, loose our identity be a ground full of wandering tourists, condone diving, premadonna behaviour then we might as well go the whole hog and play in red. I'd rather see us build (3-5 years) gain the respect of the footballing world and have a platform on which to compete on european and domestic fronts for decades, i'd love to see academy players involved where possible and still have a team i can, in some small way, relate to as MCFC.

Real Madrid proved buying big names didnt equal success, so no, its not low asperations, its long term, high probability and imo, the best way to go about it.

you relate this to the scum however in order to be the best you have to have the best players.

it is a very odd comparison you have posted - what kind of players do you think are required to win the chumps league?

if you think our current crop could win it you are seriously deluded, in order to win the chumps you would need a team full of players like Messi, Eto'o, Ronaldo (spits...), Drogba, Lampard, Gerrard, Torres etc etc.

if your low aspirations mean you don't want to see us win evrything then fair enough however i want it all and as such buying the best and buying them quickly is the only means to go about it when you have the resources that we have.

Rammy Blue said:
GStar said:
Rammy Blue said:

you relate this to the scum however in order to be the best you have to have the best players.

it is a very odd comparison you have posted - what kind of players do you think are required to win the chumps league?

if you think our current crop could win it you are seriously deluded, in order to win the chumps you would need a team full of players like Messi, Eto'o, Ronaldo (spits...), Drogba, Lampard, Gerrard, Torres etc etc.

if your low aspirations mean you don't want to see us win evrything then fair enough however i want it all and as such buying the best and buying them quickly is the only means to go about it when you have the resources that we have.

Yeh, because Liverpool didn't win it with only one star player did they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.