Hughes Turning the Corner?

brooklandsblue2.0

Well done Mark Hughes. I was unhappy when he took big Phil off because I wanted to see him and Studge play up front together but fair play to MH he was right. We now have a month which will change the shape of our football club and hopefully our season, and based on Hughes previous signings both at City and Blackburn I am really positive we are going to have a great 2009.

I think the fans are starting to warm to Hughes and are seeing that he's putting something very special in place. We obviously have some dead wood and bad apples who Hughes wants out of the club. I for one am really looking forward to seeing some new faces and the back of a lot of dross.

For me there have been some signs recently that the squad and manager have reached some sort of understanding and today we saw some spirit in the side which combined with the manner of the result may give us some additional self belief.

Against that we still seem to have only two ways to go 1) is score early get on top and if they other team rolls over then we are fine 2) don't score early on and if the other team starts to get in our face then we seem fairly clueless as to what to do next. We didn't get a shot on target until the 70th odd minute and then Sturridge came on and pretty much rescued it single handed.

I'm mightly relieved at the result though and whilst I still think there is something amiss I am back to being confident we will avoid a relegation scrap. I also still think Hughes will go in the summer irrespective of what happens from now on - save perhaps a PL and UEFA cup double - but at least we will be spared the prospect of replacing the manager mid season.

bluemoon1078 said:
i think they are getting used to each other that's all, these things always take time.

Agreed but half a season is too bloody long especially if it leaves you hanging around the drop zone.

Hopefully hughes and Elano have sorted their differences, I think that would help the team immensely. The team showed spirit today which we haven't really seen much before this season so hopefully we're getting along the right track

BobKowalski said:
bluemoon1078 said:
i think they are getting used to each other that's all, these things always take time.

Agreed but half a season is too bloody long especially if it leaves you hanging around the drop zone.

Yes, true! but not sure all the negative stuff was warranted at all, 90% of which has nothing to do with anything other than where he used to play!!!

The Fat el Hombre said:
Hopefully hughes and Elano have sorted their differences, I think that would help the team immensely. The team showed spirit today which we haven't really seen much before this season so hopefully we're getting along the right track

Agreed, we haven't seen spirit like that for a longer than just this season!

i really really hope so i would want nothing more than for mcfc to have a very succesfull 2009 and leave all the doubters in the press who claim we will "ruin football" back tracking and sucking up to us because they want interview acess with the fa cup and uefa cup winners

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.