Hughes: We are not in a relegation battle.

bluespana said:
What's Tevez's correct position? Or Roonaldo? The whole ''correct'' position isn't scientific. All managers put out who they feel will do best against the opposition.

So we didn't beat Fulham away without some of our best players. Not exactly relegation form. Just as beating Arsenal didn't guarantee we'll finish top four.

Agreed. Real life isn't as simple as Football Manager.

if he said we didnt expect to beat fulham away

i wonder what he thinks about liverpool united arsenal and chelsea away handy 12 points maybe

Hughes didn't really say we didn't expect to win. He didn't. He just didn't say it. No manager would say that; they might think that, but they'd never say it or communicate that attitude in anyway to the players. This reeks of 8-1.

I think Hughes ought to drop himself for the next two matches and fine himself 10k for that.

blue1969 said:
FFS get a grip. If we had gone there with a full team, Petrov, Boj, Johno, Robbie, etc. Then yes it would of been a bad result, as it was when I saw the team I thought we were gonna struggle.

Petrov is over rated you know it and so do I. He never wins 50/50 bals and his defending and general passing is awful. Boj may never recover from his injuries I am sad to say. Johno well talk about an over-rated player. The new Colin Bell my arse. Was a time when he showed potential but his ego is far too big in my opinion. Robbie would have been no good at Fulham as a fast physical game is not what he is about. Sorry to shot you down but you need a reality check.

lionheart said:
RobsondeSouza said:
Jeez this guy takes the biscuit i know he is fighting to keep his job but to say we are not in the relegation fight is just plain stupid. Ok we are technically 4 points from the bottom 3 because of our goal difference but i'm sure you'll all agree the prospect of losing just 1 game and others winning 1 will bring us level on points with third bottom :( if this happens who knows how low we could actually fall and what effect this will have on the players.

I wonder when MH will wake up and have to guts to walk away and give us a chance to turn round the mess he has created, but i wont hold my breath as he will proberly wait to be sacked. I'm predicting we will actually see the likes of Robinho, Jo, Richards and SWP all looking to abandon the sinking ship MH has created at our club.
You basically have no idea how to manage a Premiership football club so why bother making stupid and puerile remarks likely to cause offence to serious fans of Manchester City FC. No way is Hughes "fighting to save his job" nor are we "in a relegation fight". My guess is that you want to see us strruggle just to satisfy your inflated ego.

Lionheart 18 points from 16 games, lying in 14th place 3 points above the relegation zone, with roughly £80,000,000 already invested into the squad, is not good enough its as simple as that. Not when you take into account we had a far weaker squad last year and finished 9th on 55 points.

My head is still spinning. He can't have said that. Must be a partial quote or something...context...this can't be real.

:-(

RobbieBrewer said:
kevinmcfc said:
Petrov is over rated you know it and so do I. He never wins 50/50 bals and his defending and general passing is awful. Boj may never recover from his injuries I am sad to say. Johno well talk about an over-rated player. The new Colin Bell my arse. Was a time when he showed potential but his ego is far too big in my opinion. Robbie would have been no good at Fulham as a fast physical game is not what he is about. Sorry to shot you down but you need a reality check.

Please name a better left sided player than Petrov in the PL?If you come out with Stewart Downing I'll soil my trousers.We relied on him for an "outlet" last season in the same way we rely on SWP at the moment.We look totally unbalanced without him.

Boj may or may not come back-but he's young,has time on his side and is still hungry to prove himself.I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.Shearer suffered some similar shocking injuries in his career-and he wasn't too bad.

Johnson is also young and has a lot to learn-but on his day he's a damn good player.We've missed him.

Robinho would have run rings around those two leaden lumps masquerading as centre backs at Fulham.They were about as mobile as Benjani.

Still-it's all about opinions!!!

:-)

Ahsley Young.

Hughes has been a disaster so far for a team with our resources and ambitions, and I have seen no indication, from his stubborn bully boy man management techniques, his team selection, his tactics or his ridiculous touchline tantrums, that he has the personal qualities necessary to take us where we want to go. Anyone who does not approach a game against Fulham with positive expectation has no place managing MCFC.

The guy is a disaster and slowly people are begining to realise this....

Alcoholics neve have a battle with bottle....

Until they realise they do they are never near to sorting the problem out.

To be in denial is a sign of a very poor manager.

If he did say this and "it was a game we weren't expecting to win"...

He needs to be kicked out quickly!!

Brucie Bonus said:
My head is still spinning. He can't have said that. Must be a partial quote or something...context...this can't be real.

:-(

"...Fulham huffed and puffed against an unyielding Man City who seem only to be waiting for the Jan sales to open. Even so, with a little more ambition the visitors might have pilfered three points to leapfrog their hosts but as City manager Mark Hughes noted afterwards:
'It was not a game we expected to win'..."

Direct quote in full and the context taken from the opening para. Rest is match report.

Make of it what you will :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.