Human evolution/development

cityontheup

I was just wondering how throughout history humans have developed. The thing that confuses me is looking back at Ancient Greece, Egypt, Rome etc. they built amazing structures roads, baths, sewers etc. but then you jump forward a thousand years or so in the dark ages say, you had mud roads and filth and disease. So it looks like we regressed? I had this conversation with I guy and he put it down to the increase of religion and frowning on any luxuries or signs of wealth. I would like to get your ideas on this.

I was just wondering how throughout history humans have developed. The thing that confuses me is looking back at Ancient Greece, Egypt, Rome etc. they built amazing structures roads, baths, sewers etc. but then you jump forward a thousand years or so in the dark ages say, you had mud roads and filth and disease. So it looks like we regressed? I had this conversation with I guy and he put it down to the increase of religion and frowning on any luxuries or signs of wealth. I would like to get your ideas on this.

Was built on the misery of others, the roads and sewers would have been good for the population numbers of their time but not now. Would have been a lot less industries that needed financing too.

Was built on the misery of others, the roads and sewers would have been good for the population numbers of their time but not now. Would have been a lot less industries that needed financing too.
But we had roads, baths and sewers built by the romans, so society just let them go to rack and ruin and didn’t think to use and improve them and their lives, but chose to live in shit? Seems strange that we would seemingly go backwards?

Religion was 100% the cause of the Dark Ages. No new state power stepped up after the Romans and religion swooped in to idiot everything for a thousand years. It’s looking to do the same again right now.

Ancient structures???

it-was-the-aliens-im-not-saying-it-was-aliens.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.