Humour on the board

barcabloo said:
Good question!

It is not personal to me I have no objection to 99.9999% of jokes when I was in the UK went to Bernard's on numerous occasions and PMSL...and the people I know do not consider me to be the least bit PC!

However I feel that jokes regarding Paedophillia are inappropriate and over time help in the cause of the filth that commit these acts upon children.

It is my opinion and I suspect the opinion of a large percentage of those who are grown up with children of their own, that this is the case.

Unfortunately the debate I have had on here has been in the main with Students and the under 35's I suspect err that's it!

Well theres the thing. the majority of jokes, lets say adult jokes will be offensive to someone somewhere. You have said you have been to Mannings place more than once and therefore no doubt you heard racist jokes, sexist jokes etc but you were fine with these. In my opinion you can't accept these because you personally are ok with it, but then not accept another subject matter because you don't agree with it. They are all offensive to someone.

As long as a joke is just that, a joke, then i dont see the problem. If you think it will incite anything malicious then thats different

It is amusing this thread and effectively it is about a generational difference would love to continue the debate but the bull ring is calling! End of

so barcabloo can you call people mongs and that is ok? nobody is meant to take offense?

btw, how many people have agree'd with you that the joke was offensive? 2? how many said that they werent offended? 20-30? who's got the problem? who has blown this out of proportion? sad sad little man!

johnmc said:
barcabloo said:
Good question!

It is not personal to me I have no objection to 99.9999% of jokes when I was in the UK went to Bernard's on numerous occasions and PMSL...and the people I know do not consider me to be the least bit PC!

However I feel that jokes regarding Paedophillia are inappropriate and over time help in the cause of the filth that commit these acts upon children.

It is my opinion and I suspect the opinion of a large percentage of those who are grown up with children of their own, that this is the case.

Unfortunately the debate I have had on here has been in the main with Students and the under 35's I suspect err that's it!

Well theres the thing. the majority of jokes, lets say adult jokes will be offensive to someone somewhere. You have said you have been to Mannings place more than once and therefore no doubt you heard racist jokes, sexist jokes etc but you were fine with these. In my opinion you can't accept these because you personally are ok with it, but then not accept another subject matter because you don't agree with it. They are all offensive to someone.

As long as a joke is just that, a joke, then i dont see the problem. If you think it will incite anything malicious then thats different

I've heard Bernard tell a paedophile joke! It was when the actor who played Len Fairclough in Corrie got accused of fiddling with a little girl in the public baths. He said " Len Faircloughs got a new job advertising Fudge" and then he sang "A finger and thumb is just enough to give your kids a treat"

barcabloo said:
It is amusing this thread and effectively it is about a generational difference would love to continue the debate but the bull ring is calling! End of
It's not about a generational difference at all, it's about your hypocritical viewpoint. Either jokes about potentially 'sensitive' issues are allowed, or they aren't. You can't accept, laugh at and even post, jokes about race and colour one minute then complain about jokes related to paedophilia the next.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
stony said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
The problem is everyone has conflicting views as to what is appropriate and what isn't — even amongst the Mod Squad.

You could tell the most racist, crude jokes at the pub with your mates because you know the audience. They share a similar belief to you and won't get offended. But when posting it on a messageboard, and to the general public, the audience is broader, and some people may take offence.

Trying to get the balance between "Political Correctness Gone Mad" and "Traditional British Gallows Humour" is tough.

So as an a Aussie how do you view "Traditional British Gallows Humour" ?

What are the pros and cons.....am I allowed to say cons to an Aussie ? ;-)
Well "Traditional British Gallows Humour" wasn't my words. But the Australian sense of humour is similar in the way it is self-depricating (is that the word?).

I enjoy using the comedy technique of self-depreciation, but I'm not very good it.

Joycee Banercheck said:
I enjoy using the comedy technique of self-depreciation, but I'm not very good it.

Top marks Joycee, very good.

forevercity said:
so barcabloo can you call people mongs and that is ok? nobody is meant to take offense?

Has barcablue answered this yet becasue asked the same thing.

Also, i'm offended as a student that you think everyone under the age of 35 in not worthy of an opinion as esteemed of yours. Not only that but your views and opinions are some of the most hypocritical and at times, childish in this thread.

I have a tall horse you can sit on, Grandad. :-P

GStar said:
forevercity said:

Has barcablue answered this yet becasue asked the same thing.

Also, i'm offended as a student that you think everyone under the age of 35 in not worthy of an opinion as esteemed of yours. Not only that but your views and opinions are some of the most hypocritical and at times, childish in this thread.

I have a tall horse you can sit on, Grandad. :-P

Remember American history x......put your chin on the kerb GStar....and yes it is okay to call people Mongs retrard spastics cripples and the ultimate insult STUDENT now fuck off and die .......;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.