Hungary v England | Nations League | Sat 4th June '22

I'm posting this to stick up for footballers here. I honestly despair with fifa, UEFA etc for arranging four nation league matches as soon as the prem league finishes, a major fuck up but as long as the money keeps rolling in they don't give a shit about the players health and welfare.
You could ask any of these players taking part if they want to play in these games and I think you'd get a resounding ' no'. Then you get prick managers like Martinez at Belgium who will play Kev whatever the game, a meaningless friendly against Bahrain and he'll start him, kev must be fucked.
Time for clubs to make a stand against international football, there is far too much of the stuff, most of it absolutely pointless
Well said that man. I was going to post exactly the same. These are a complete waste of time after a full season to just keep going Ona meaningless tournament that is only there to bring in the money. Only way this stops is if people don’t watch it. (Is this why it is on C4??)

Cannot believe the mass hysteria around this Mickey Mouse tournament because we didn’t play well last night ........... you can see it in the players that they don’t wanna be really there the fans in a nutshell have no or little interest at all with the thing so why bother ?????

What is the point of the nations league ?

Does it replace the euros ?

Does it replace the WC ?

Is it about flogging the players to make money of the fans ?
People to need to wake up to this bullshit ands stop being willing participants in their own rip off.

Nothing would entice me to go and watch one of these meaningless games. Anyone that does go is just plain stupid.

TBH With this woke personality vacuum in charge I'd take some pursuading to go and watch a competive game as well.

Southgate is a massive fraud, he's a clever politician that knows a bandwagon when he sees one. He's got a great group of players to call on but still manages to turn out teams that play such turgid football that is verging on unwatchable.

He's not got any ideas as a manager, just does a pick and mix copy of anything that he sees in the PL, but just not as good.

Nothing changes with England.

Last edited:
As my username suggests I used to love international football, but can't get motivated for it now.
It has become a farce with games just being played to generate income for the crooks at FIFA and UEFA. The quality of most teams is staggeringly bad. It is making a mockery of the history books. Harry Kane (an excellent player) will break the England record but most of his international goals have been against pub teams. Apart from the final stages of major tournaments international football is dire. A lot of the games are below Championship level let alone the CL and PL.

Last edited:
Bernardo Silva on the fixture schedule:
“For fans it's good but for players it's hard. After a season in which we've had 60 games, to come here [international teams] and play four more... many people have spoken about it. There are too many games, in the end, too many injuries…”
“We start the new season in a month's time and I'm certain we are not going to be 100% ready. It's tough but it is what it is."
[via ESPN FC]

It has become a farce with games just being played to generate income for the crooks at FIFA and UEFA. The quality of most teams is staggeringly bad. It is making a mockery of the history books. Harry Kane (an excellent player) will break the England record but most of his international goals have been against pub teams. Apart from the final stages of major tournaments international football is dire. A lot of the games are below Championship level let along the CL and PL.

International records are worthless.

I remember when Beckham beat Booby Moore number of appearances for England.

A big thing was made of it. So I did some research Bobby Moore played every single minute of ever cap he won. Beckham didnt.

If you take the number of minutes played for England Bobby Moore played 33 games more than Beckham that 2970 minutes more than Beckham. Yet the record books show Beckham played more games for England, yes he did but Moore played every second of his 108 appearances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.