Hungary v France | Euro 2020 Group Stage

MCFC1993

Hungary v France

Saturday 19th June 2021

Kicks off at 14:00 (BST) at the Puskas Arena in Budapest, Hungary. Full Capacity.

Coverage begins at 13:15 (BST) on BBC 1, presented by Gary Lineker, analysis from Alan Shearer and Alex Scott. Commentary from Jonathan Pearce and Jermaine Jenas.

Referee: Michael Oliver (ENG), VAR: Chris Kavanagh (ENG)

1624061204767.png

Hungary

They battled their hearts out in that first match versus Portugal and for a long time it looked like they were going to nick a point and put Portugal in a dicey position. They even had a goal ruled out for offside before a deflected shot from Guerreiro went in late on and after that they just fell apart, conceding twice more. More of the same in this one, sit back, defend and hope you can pinch one on the counter. They’ll have a full stadium right behind them.

No Euro 2020 goal scorer.

Starting XI v Portugal:
1624061224232.png

FRANCE
I’ll be honest I don’t get the hype over their performance in that first match versus Germany. They weren’t the better footballing side and they won via a poor own goal that could have been prevented. They obviously have great players and should see off Hungary to go through to the next round, but I expected more from them. Mbappe looked sharp though and I expect him to notch a couple in this tournament. Should win this one comfortably and may need a few goals if they want to top the group.

Euro 2020 goal scorers:
Own Goal – 1.

Starting XI v Germany:

1624061241233.png

See opening match thread for full squads of each team.

Will the Bottler do the same on the big stage?

On paper this is a French gubbing of Hungary.

Great to see such a packed stadium with thousands from France too. The French team look very together and have a lot of quality. I expect an easy win for them.

Lee Mason in the var booth, expect one team to get screwed over here.

France ranked 2nd, Hungary ranked 37th, very similar to difference in ranking between England and Scotland. Let’s see if is a similar outcome?

These commentators should stop dreaming that VAR will be used as effectively in the PL as it has for the most part in this competition. They make up their own bloody rules/laws and make it up as they go along.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.