Hurricane Florence TV Coverage

It is all about ratings. The rest of the US wants to know what is going on in the hurricane hit area. Will we tune into a news station that has no coverage or the one with the fit blonde right in the heart of it? And which station will the advertisers spend their money on?
Ah, so that's where Boris has gone

Really don't know why this country is obsessed with what happens in America. They get bad weather in America, we know.

Driven by the main stream media. Some of the horrendous weather conditions experienced in Asia and the Indian subcontinent rarely make the news here; or if they do it’s for 20 seconds at the end of the news... A few days ago 7 out of 13 articles on the BBC website were US related. Ridiculous.

Driven by the main stream media. Some of the horrendous weather conditions experienced in Asia and the Indian subcontinent rarely make the news here; or if they do it’s for 20 seconds at the end of the news... A few days ago 7 out of 13 articles on the BBC website were US related. Ridiculous.
English speaking country.

Really don't know why this country is obsessed with what happens in America. They get bad weather in America, we know.
Probably not the main reason at all, but a lot of UK insurers (especially the Lloyd's market) have huge exposures to these events and will hundreds of millions if the storms are really severe. Same can't be said for parts of Asia, where there is minimal exposure.

I was listening to a call to a woman by Como, Perry’s boy on CNN, who, with her family, are trapped in an attic without windows. She said she had called 911

At no point did he ask.

Why didn’t you leave when you were told you stupid fucking moron? Do you expect men and women to risk themselves because you and your kin are utter fucking twats? You need to sit tight and hope, and if you all die, then that’s down to you. You stupid ****. Say some prayers, that will do it.

Probably one of the reasons my application to be a newsguy failed.

Although to be fair I think my approach would be more real.

Any news organisation looking for a reporter to tell the truth to these cunts, pm me.

I was listening to a call to a woman by Como, Perry’s boy on CNN, who, with her family, are trapped in an attic without windows. She said she had called 911

At no point did he ask.

Why didn’t you leave when you were told you stupid fucking moron? Do you expect men and women to risk themselves because you and your kin are utter fucking twats? You need to sit tight and hope, and if you all die, then that’s down to you. You stupid ****. Say some prayers, that will do it.

Probably one of the reasons my application to be a newsguy failed.

Although to be fair I think my approach would be more real.

Any news organisation looking for a reporter to tell the truth to these cunts, pm me.

I just found out that one of the reasons so many people are in danger is because in 2012, the elected Republicans in North Carolina made it illegal to use climate change studies to plan coastal development because they didn't want to damage real estate growth.

So thousands of people are going to be flooded because they elected republicans who made it illegal for the people building their houses to look at data which said these houses would be at risk of flooding.

There is such an incredible amount of stupidity around that sometimes I do feel like just saying, "Fuck it, they deserve everything they get".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.