Hyde Rd Fire Rare Photo

Gary James

On this day in 1920 City’s Main Stand burned down but was this a stray firework, a discarded cig or terrorist activity and how did MUFC react to City’s request to play at OT instead (I think most Blues can guess the answer to that last one!)?

Follow the link for a rare photo of the aftermath:

On this day in 1920 City’s Main Stand burned down but was this a stray firework, a discarded cig or terrorist activity and how did MUFC react to City’s request to play at OT instead (I think most Blues can guess the answer to that last one!)?

Follow the link for a rare photo of the aftermath:
Didn’t realise we asked to use the swamp in 1920. 1963 but not the earlier one. Makes me wonder even more about us voting to deny Manchester Central a league place in 1927(?) on behalf of those twats.

Didn’t realise we asked to use the swamp in 1920. 1963 but not the earlier one. Makes me wonder even more about us voting to deny Manchester Central a league place in 1927(?) on behalf of those twats.
If Central had been elected United would have gone bust ! Should never have voted for them as they were getting crowds as low as 6k or 7k back then and non league Central over 20k for some games !

Should have sunk the fuckers at the first opportunity, 10 years after they moved out of Manchester.

If Central had been elected United would have gone bust ! Should never have voted for them as they were getting crowds as low as 6k or 7k back then and non league Central over 20k for some games !
For anyone wondering about Manchester Central here‘s an article I wrote for When Saturday Comes on that time:

Should have sunk the fuckers at the first opportunity, 10 years after they moved out of Manchester.
If City were the dominant club at the time, why would you vote for a club that was better run than your main rivals? It wouldn’t make sense.

Seriously, Manchester Central were being too ambitious attempting to force their way into the football league after just one year in existence, it’s no wonder they made enemies. I haven’t checked but I am guessing most teams elected at that time and since had been established for longer than half a decade, apart from maybe in the 1890s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.