Hypothetical question.

Tommy Booth was at one of our branch meetings late last year and he was a bit of a footballer, who started off in defence then moved into midfield when Colin Bell was injured and even played up front a few times. He did well in all these positions and I asked him if, being so versatile, he'd fancy himself in Pep's team.

His answer was very interesting: "Fuck off. I'm 69!" So there you have it.

On yesterday's pitch with yesterday's ref it would be a record win, but with old school rules on a churned up pitch the current crop would be down to 8 players having used all the subs due to injuries by half time

Football has evolved a huge amount since then. If you gave the '68 team a few months training under modern methods and tactics it could be close but ultimately it's hard to imagine Pep & co not winning handily. What they did last season was unprecedented in English football, it's the greatest season in 150 years of the domestic game tbf

The current team is multi national. You cannot compare a mainly British team like the 68's with the current squad

I watch a lot of ‘old’ matches on a show called The Big Match (through BT).

The standard in the 70s and 80s was fucking diabolical.

Even watching the dominant Liverpool sides is cringeworthy as fuck.

The team of today would muller that City team about 13-0.
Pretty much agree with this, but 8-0 would be my prediction. 13-0 is a bit disrespectful, man ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.