Hypothetical question.

Cannot compare, balls, boots, kits, pitches, rules, fitness regeims etc are all different.

Could our team compete in 68 conditions?
No one can say.

Could the 68 team play now and win ?
Prossibly

Last edited:
Think it could be similar to what we will be seeing in Saturday’s FA-cup game vs Newport. With a muddy pitch, and the 68-team did play quite a few on these ( even icy ones vs Spurs), I very much doubt it’ll be a big score.

I would prefer the comparison between the title winning teams that Mancini, Pellegrinin and now Pep had to their disposal.

Cannot compare, balls, boots, kits, pitches, rules, fitness regeims etc are all different.

Could our team compete in 68 conditions?
No one can say.

Could the 68 team play now and win ?
Prossibly

This years team is full of internationals whereas the 68 team wasn’t. Certain players in the 68 team may have a chance of making it with the current crop but the current team would batter the 68 team

This years team is full of internationals whereas the 68 team wasn’t. Certain players in the 68 team may have a chance of making it with the current crop but the current team would batter the 68 team

I wouldn't use being an imternational as a measure myself.

Again, what kits, balls, rules are we using, are both teams given a chance to train in similar fitness or are we just dropping them in.

Ultimately, like every time these questions are asked it's a nonsense football 50 years ago was completely different, I expect tony coleman amd sumerbee could skin waller and mendy for example and muscle them off the ball.

I wouldn't use being an imternational as a measure myself.

Again, what kits, balls, rules are we using, are both teams given a chance to train in similar fitness or are we just dropping them in.

Ultimately, like every time these questions are asked it's a nonsense football 50 years ago was completely different, I expect tony coleman amd sumerbee could skin waller and mendy for example and muscle them off the ball.

I’d agree but for the 68 teams record, even alongside other clubs at the time isn’t what our current team’s has comparatively with other clubs. Technical ability and a players quality doesn’t change over time, like conditions, balls etc have done and we have some of the best technical players I’ve seen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.